rtaking, with preparations carefully sequ

in Events im JuZ Idstein 21.10.2019 10:11
von elaine95 • 481 Beiträge

It’s widely been believed that Peyton Manning has resisted taking a TV analyst job because he doesn’t want to have to analyze his brother Greg Gaines Jersey , Eli. What has widely been believed is now being officially reported.Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports reports, citing two unnamed sources close to Peyton Manning, that he passed on the chance to become the lead analyst for because this year’s schedule includes a pair of Giants games.Although there’s no guarantee Eli will actually be playing quarterback for the Giants come Week Nine vs. the Cowboys or Week 14 at the Eagles, Peyton also is reportedly hesitant to analyze/criticize any of his former teammates.“If he ever decides [] is something he wants to do, it’s going to be after Eli has finished his career and he gets a little bit further from his era of playing and maybe some of his teammates have moved on, too,�? one of the unnamed sources told Robinson. “It would have been a tough position for him this season, with the Giants [and Broncos] being on the schedule. There is a lot of loyalty there for him and I don’t think he’d ever want to be in a position where he’d be conflicted about his analysis. It just wouldn’t have been a comfortable situation this year.”Peyton Manning basically said that last month, when he explained his thought process at the Manning Passing Academy.“It’s great to have someone that you’re so close to, that you feel invested in, to watch [Eli] play and compete Christian Wilkins Jersey ,�? Peyton Manning said, via Robinson. “I know when Eli stops playing, it will be different, because when you have a brother, you feel a part of it. I pull hard for Eli. I keep up with the coaches, guys like Adam Gase, who I played for, [and] players, like Emmanuel Sanders and Von Miller, that I played with. Anybody that you have a connection to, you feel that connection when you watch him play in person or on TV. So I’ve been real proud of Eli and I’m looking forward to watching him play this year.”It’s one thing for Peyton to wait until Eli and Sanders and Miller stop playing; if Peyton plans to resist becoming a broadcaster until Gase is done coaching http://www.miamidolphinsteamonline.com/michael-deiter-jersey , Peyton could be waiting a while.Regardless, Peyton is willing to wait — even if it means that the networks won’t wait for him. (Spoiler: They will.) He added another quote last month that could be interpreted as a backhanded slap at the football focus during his playing career of a former quarterback who has quickly mastered the craft of analyzing games.“I saw where Tony Romo said that he always knew that he wanted to be a broadcaster,” Peyton said last month, via Robinson. “Well, I always knew I wanted to be a football player. That’s all I knew. I was all-in on that job. I didn’t think about anything else while I was playing. And I think that’s a good way to be. I think you’ve got to be all-in on what you’re doing.”For Peyton, the networks will be ready whenever he’s ready to go all-in. And whenever he says the word, one or more of those networks will be ready to go all-in on Peyton, turning upside down if need be whatever arrangements they currently have to accommodate someone who many believe will instantly become as good as anyone who has ever done the job, if not better. NEW ORLEANS (AP) — Redoing last weekend’s controversial NFC title game between the Los Angeles Rams and New Orleans Saints would mean a pricey delay of the upcoming Super Bowl, the NFL said Friday.In a legal filing, NFL Chief Financial Officer Joseph Siclare said replaying even a few minutes of the NFC championship game because of a missed passed interference call would force a delay for an event that demands an investment of “more than $100 million Garrett Bradbury Jersey ,” the New Orleans Advocate reported .Siclare’s sworn affidavit was submitted by the NFL to get one of two pending lawsuits over officiating moved from state civil court to New Orleans federal court.The filing marks the league’s first formal response to a lawsuit by a pair of ticket-holders over the infamous “no call” that ended the Saints’ Super Bowl run last Sunday.The league cited a federal law that allows a defendant to automatically remove a state class-action lawsuit to federal court when the parties are from different states and the amount of the damages sought by the plaintiffs exceeds $5 million.According to Siclare, a demand by the plaintiffs for the league to issue full refunds to 72,475 ticket holders well exceeds that benchmark on its own, as the average ticket price for the game hovered around $230. That adds up to more than $16 million in ticket proceeds.But the far bigger cost, Siclare suggested, would be if the Feb. 3 Super Bowl is delayed by a court in order to rewind the clock and replay all or a portion of the NFC title game— a result urged by the plaintiffs and much of “Who Dat Nation,” which is also listed as a plaintiff.“The Super Bowl, the NFL’s premiere event, is a carefully planned and enormously expensive undertaking, with preparations carefully sequenced,” from logistics to producing a “full-blown music concert at halftime Noah Fant Jersey ,” Siclare wrote.While the NFL has remained publicly silent about the controversial no-call, the league said Friday it had fined Rams defensive back Nickell Robey-Coleman $26,739 for his helmet-to-helmet hit on Saints receiver Tommylee Lewis — a second infraction that went unflagged on the same play.Saints head coach Sean Payton has said a league official admitted to him immediately after the game that both penalties should have been called on the play.Meanwhile, a hearing sought by the two plaintiffs in the lawsuit, Tommy Badeux and Candis Lambert, that was scheduled for Monday was declared moot by Friday’s filing.It’s no surprise that the NFL would seek to take the case out of the hands of a local New Orleans judge in favor of a federal jurist, said local attorney Glenn McGovern.“There’s a perception by some people that federal court is fairer than state court,” McGovern said. “All big corporations feel more comfortable in federal court than state court.”

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor