John Elway not only got his (hopefully) QB

in Quasselecke 21.10.2019 05:50
von chenyan94 • 506 Beiträge

of the future Chris Harris Jersey , but was able to add Dalton Risner on Denver’s offensive line."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Broncos NewsBroncos 2019 Draft ClassBroncos PodcastsBroncos 2019 ScheduleKey Offseason DatesCommunity RulesFull ArchiveBroncos StoriesScheduleRosterStatsOdds Shop About Masthead Community Guidelines StubHub ✕NFL DraftMHR RadioBroncos podcastsJohn Elway and the Broncos killing the NFL Draft New,54commentsJohn Elway not only got his (hopefully) QB of the future, but was able to add Dalton Risner on Denver’s offensive line. John Elway and the Broncos killing the NFL Draft Day One of the NFL Draft was a mixed bag. Fans of the Denver Broncos loved the pick of tight end Noah Fant, but some were anxious and holding their breath over what would happen in Rounds Two and Three. It was the, “Really like the pick, but ...” I love the pick because of the matchup nightmare Fant poses. I think he could develop into a player in the mold of Shannon Sharpe — too big for defensive backs, too fast for linebackers. After Day Two, Broncos Country is way more giddy. Though right before the first selection in the second round, it seemed as if the pick had been traded. Only to find out John Elway had actually traded up to get the very next pick. To acquire that second-round pick (42nd overall) from the Cincinnati Bengals, the Broncos gave up 2-52, 4-125 and 6-182.With the first second-round pick, Elway filled a huge need with a stud (on and off the field) in Dalton Risner. The Kansas State product brings attitude and nastiness to Denver’s line, plus a work ethic new offensive line coach Mike Munchak will love. Risner is exactly what this line needs and at a position they need even more. Elway told Mike Klis that Risner will play guard to start out, but one of the other great aspects of Risner is his versatility. Next came the unexpected back-to-back second-round pick. Would it be cornerback Greedy Williams? Then we heard it from the lips of former Broncos linebacker Al Wilson: “Drew Lock, quarterback, Missouri.” Holy shit, Denver got him. A player Elway and Denver has been linked to since the Senior Bowl, and whom some thought would be the pick at No. 10, was the target for the trade up. However you feel about Lock, that is incredible value for Elway and the Broncos. Some had Lock ranked higher than Dwayne Haskins, who was taken in the first round. Make no mistake, Elway and Denver are still all-in on Joe Flacco, as I said after the Fant selection. Heck, even the pick of Risner backs that up. What the selection of Lock does is end the talk of Band-Aids and bridge quarterbacks. As Sam Farmsworth noted on Twitter, for the first time since Peyton Manning came to Denver, the Broncos have a plan at QB: try to win now with Flacco while training Lock for the future under the tutelage of a veteran.For those who say this just brings back the quarterback controversy, Elway shot it down quickly.As he told Klis: “No, because it’s not a competition. Joe Flacco is our starter. We know that Drew has a long way to go. But he’s a very talented young guy that wants to be great. It’s a great situation for him.’’ What I love about the Lock pick isn’t just the fact he’ll learn from Flacco or that he was a team captain for Missouri, but the drive he’ll have to prove people wrong and succeed. There really isn’t immediate pressure on him, either. Then there’s Lock’s confidence, and that’s always needed for a quarterback. For multiple reasons, I also love the Risner pick. If you have’t seen the feature on what he does off the field, here it is. On top of that, he’s a Broncos fan. So not only did Risner see his dream come true, he sees it happen with the team he loves. The combo of Risner and Munchack is almost too good to be true.After Day One of the Draft, there was a mixed-bag feeling. Denver fans liked the pick, but they were anxious over what Elway would do on Day Two. It was as if the fanbase was holding its collective breath.Now that we know, that anxiousness has been replaced with excitement, and we can all relax for a bit.Third-round selectionElway continued to have a strong draft with the selection of defensive tackle Dre’Mont Jones. As our Christopher Hart said, Jones is an explosive penetrator with a great get-off. Very disruptive. He had 13 tackles for loss and 8.5 sacks last year for Ohio State. Hart added that Jones is a great pick! Three-of-three catches. 61 yards. 20 yard-per-catch average. A 31-yard play.On any other Sunday those would be nice wide receiver stats for Demaryius Thomas at Mile High.Except this time Thomas was No. 87 for the Houston Texans - and no longer No. 88 for the Denver Broncos.Traded to the Texans on Tuesday, the wide receiver returned to his home stadium in the visitor’s locker room, wearing the visiting team’s jersey.“It’s been weird and just different,” Thomas said after the game. “Coming out of a different tunnel I’ve never come out of Derek Wolfe Jersey , being in a locker room that I’ve never been in, in the past eight or nine years. Seeing my guys warm up, seeing the guys come over and speak to me differently.”And even though Thomas’ new team got the close win and maintained it's runat the playoffs with a 6-3 record, the wide receiver just wanted to get off the field and get the game behind him.“I think that was the fastest I ran all day,” he said. “I ran inside. We got that ‘W’ and I was excited.”But his voice didn’t exude typical excitement for a victory. Thomas was happy to contribute to his new team after just three days of practice, but his infectious smile seemed far more genuine when greeting Peyton Manning’s children after the game than talking about the victory.“It was tough man, it was tough,” he said. “Throughout the week it was tough, it was tough throughout the week. I just wanted to make sure I could go out, play, and help my guys because I know the coaches were looking for that. I did what I had to do to try and get on the field and play my best ball.”Thomas was targeted early in the Texans’ first drive, and he came through big immediately - with 31- and 18-yard catches to highlight an easy Texans drive capped off with a Jordan Thomas touchdown.Though he made a few mistakes and got a little extra direction from his new quarterback Deshaun Watson, DT’s presence was known as the Broncos realized early they would have to account for him.“Very badly. I wanted to win badly, not for just me, but for the guys that have been working hard that won five in a row,” he said, adding that he was relieved his mistakes - especially a false start on a fourth-quarter third-down, didn’t cost his new team the win.“I messed up a couple of times, I felt like it would have been on me if we didn’t get this W, especially at those times because it was third down and that was big,” Thomas added. “We came out, guys kept fighting, nobody pointed fingers, that play was over and we went to the next.”Thomas was grateful for his new teammates and the trust they had in him to deliver, but he told the team before the game he didn’t want it to be about him coming back to Mile High. It was about the Texans.“I was like ‘let’s do it for the Houston Texans. Not me.’ I don’t want anybody to change their game; I don’t want anybody to think differently,” he said. “It’s not about me because I’ve been on one squad and finally playing the squad for the first game that I changed to, it’s about the Houston Texans. It’s about going out and getting that win, getting six in a row and putting ourselves in a good position for a playoff run.”The Broncos honored DT before the game with a short video tribute to the wide receiver drafted by the Broncos in 2010 and a franchise leader in multiple categories, including receiving yards in a season (1,619 in 2014), touchdowns in a season (14 in 2013), 100+ yard games in his career (34) in a season (10 in 2014) and in the playoffs (3, tied with Vance Johnson). For fans it was a nice goodbye - even if hard to see Thomas in a new number and jersey.But for DT, it was obvious the now former Broncos wideout was already trying to move on.“It was good, I was thankful for [the tribute], but at the end of the day I was trying to do my best and do whatever I had to do to get this ‘W,’” he said, adding that he was a little nervous after messing up on two plays before his catches. “The good thing is they don’t blame over here, which is good. That tells you they have a good group of guys, a championship team and it’s just the small things you have to fix and we’ll be better.”The good news for Broncos fans who love No. 88, Demaryius Thomas is on a playoff-contending team.It’s just not for the home team anymore.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor