NFL moment, it arrived when his new quarterback rea

in Events im JuZ Idstein 07.09.2019 08:14
von elaine95 • 481 Beiträge

RENTON Will Grier Jersey , Wash. (AP) — There was no chance the phone call intended for D.K. Metcalf was someone pulling a prank.Not when it was a video call and Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson was on the other end.“I was amazed, kind of shocked. But I had to realize that was my teammate and I wasn’t a fan anymore,” Metcalf said.If Metcalf needed a welcome to the NFL moment, it arrived when his new quarterback reached out to welcome him to the Seattle. And it has continued during Metcalf’s first weekend with the Seahawks during their rookie camp where the wide receiver has been the star attraction.At 6-foot-4 and nearly 230 pounds, he’s hard to miss. Throw in a handful of leaping catches through the first two days — albeit against defenders being told not to make plays on the ball — and it’s easy to see what made Seattle so attracted to Metcalf.Asked what excites him most about his new wide receiver, Pete Carroll said: “Well, it’s almost like, what doesn’t, you know?”“He’s big and he’s fast. He’s got really good feet, you know, and his catching range was exhibited today for a start http://www.pantherscheapshop.com/cheap-authentic-christian-miller-jersey ,” Carroll continued. “And you know, we’ve got to figure it out, figure out where it is, maybe even more unique than we thought coming in. So we just develop it as we go. But big and really fast and the catching range was really obvious.”Even his new teammates are a little in awe of what Metcalf can bring. Defensive back Ugo Amadi was taken in the fourth round and once tried to convince Metcalf to go to Mississippi when they were in high school. He used “monster” and “freak” to describe Metcalf.“I used to go up against him in high school, we used to go to camps together, he was that big in high school and I was still my size,” the 5-9 Amadi said. “He’s going to be definitely a threat when the season comes.”Metcalf’s pre-draft workouts sent the league buzzing with his 4.33 40-yard dash, but his draft slide created even more attention. Expected to potentially go in the first round, Metcalf ended up being selected with the 64th pick in the second round after Seattle traded up to select the big wide receiver Carroll has long coveted. The selection ended an uneasy wait for Metcalf and the emotion came pouring out in his phone call with Carroll and general manager John Schneider.But all of that is in the past. Seattle’s rookie minicamp is the beginning of Metcalf proving the concerns which caused him to slide on draft boards were unfounded.“Just be me. I don’t have to prove anything to anybody. I’m just going to be myself,” Metcalf said.Route running has been one of the criticisms Metcalf has faced. He spent a significant amount of time before the draft working with wide receivers coach Jerry Sullivan in Arizona. The 74-year-old Sullivan coached wide receivers for six NFL teams beginning in 1992 and ending in 2016 with Jacksonville. It didn’t take long for Metcalf to respect what Sullivan had to say after mentioning two of the receivers he had coached were Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitzgerald.Metcalf said there were little tips from Sullivan — like being more decisive in his breaks — that he has tried to show in his first days with Seattle.Carroll wasn’t as concerned about the route running. His initial focus was on Metcalf’s feet and whether what showed on film matched what he saw in person.“You know, sometimes the bigger guys the feet just don’t move as quick. His feet were really Jordan Scarlett Jersey , really lightning quick and it showed it out here already,” Carroll said. “So that means that the potential is there to make him an excellent releaser. He’s already going to be really strong and using his hands, getting off the ball, but to have that combination, when we get a chance to tie it all together, it should be a really good package.” FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. (AP)Steve Sarkisian will return as the Atlanta Falcons’ offensive coordinator despite a decline in production in his debut 2017 season. Sarkisian has been the target of criticism as the Falcons, who lost at Philadelphia in the divisional round of the playoffs last week, fell short of a return trip to the Super Bowl. Coach Dan Quinn announced Thursday that Sarkisian will return in 2018. After leading the league in scoring in 2016, the Falcons fell to 15th this season . Quinn said Sarkisian doesn’t deserve the full blame for the offense’s struggles. ”To be clear with you, if this was about one person Jonah Williams Jersey , that decision already would have been made,” Quinn said, adding he has ”no issue with making changes, no problem with that but I have no interest in making change just for the sake of change.” The Falcons finished 10-6 in the regular season and won a wild card game at the Los Angeles Rams before the 15-10 loss to the Eagles . The Falcons were scoreless in the second half. Sarkisian’s play-calling was second-guessed when Atlanta couldn’t score after having a first down at the Eagles 9. A fourth-and-2 pass from Matt Ryan to Julio Jones was incomplete. Sarkisian was hired from Alabama after Kyle Shanahan was hired as San Francisco’s coach. Quinn offered the reminder that Shanahan also faced harsh criticism following is first season leading the offense in 2015.Atlanta led the league with 33.8 points per game in 2016. ”A number of people wanted his head” after the 2015 season, Quinn said. ”What has stayed the same and what I learned during that process is what you’re doing in order to build consistency, you better be consistent.” Quinn said the struggles on offense were ”not an indication of one play-caller or one player. It’s on all of us.” Meanwhile, Falcons general manager Thomas Dimitroff said reaching an agreement on a contract extension with Ryan will be ”the number one focus” of the offseason. Ryan is entering the final year of his six-year, $103.75 million contract. He will be 33 next season but is still seen as the team’s long-term starter who, like New England’s Tom Brady, can play to or beyond the age of 40. ”Personally that is my feeling,” Dimitroff said. ”He’s a guy who takes care of his body both on and off the field properly. … And of course we’re fortunate with the way the rules are set up in the league http://www.bengalscheapshop.com/cheap-authentic-drew-sample-jersey , they’re going to preserve our quarterback, hopefully. Again, we want him to be part of this organization for a long time coming.” Dimitroff expressed optimism an agreement on Ryan’s contract extension could come quickly. ”I think it’s not going to be that difficult of a negotiation, quite honestly,” he said. ”I think we’re going to be in a good spot with it.” NOTES: Quinn confirmed special teams coach Keith Armstrong will have a second interview in Arizona’s search for a coach . Quinn said Armstrong ”is terrifically qualified to lead a team.” … Quinn said he is ”in the middle” of his search to replace quarterbacks coach Bush Hamdan, who left to become the offensive coordinator at University of Washington. Among the candidates are longtime NFL assistant coach Greg Knapp, the Falcons’ former offensive coordinator under Jim Mora, and Jedd Fisch, who was UCLA’s offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach last season. —

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor