It looks like the Pittsburgh Steelers will return t

in Quasselecke 05.09.2019 03:20
von panxing18 • 393 Beiträge

he starting right side of their offensive line for a home divisional rivalry meeting with the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday night.Starting right guard David DeCastro and right tackle Marcus Gilbert both practiced in full this week after missing the team's first win Monday at Tampa Bay because of injury."I feel really good White Earl Thomas Jersey ," DeCastro said. "I'm just looking forward to getting back out there."DeCastro broke a bone in his right hand during the season opener at Cleveland and missed the previous two games against Kansas City and Tampa Bay. Gilbert missed Monday's game against the Buccaneers with a hamstring injury. Both were full participants in practice this week."That's behind me now," Gilbert said. "It's just a little hiccup, but that's the case with injuries. I had to do whatever I had to do to get back out on the field."DeCastro said Friday the swelling is subsiding and strength is returning in his injured hand. He also said he plans to wear a protective brace on his hand during Sunday's game for preventive measures.DeCastro sustained a significant knee injury, causing him to miss most of his rookie season in 2012, but the two-time All-Pro has been durable ever since. He followed it by starting 79 of the next 81 games, including a streak of 71 starts that was the longest among active NFL guards at the time."I've been pretty lucky the past couple years," DeCastro said. "I did everything I could to get back to this point and now here I am, so we'll go from there."Gilbert has missed 12 games the previous two seasons after starting 44 of 48. Gilbert planned to test his injured hamstring last week against Tampa Bay in pregame warmups, but heavy rains kept him sidelined."I would never know if I could've gone out there and tried, but the rain prohibited it Earl Thomas Jersey 2019 ," Gilbert said.B.J. Finney and Matt Feiler filled in while DeCastro and Gilbert were out.Finney made consecutive starts against Kansas City and Tampa Bay at right guard, the eighth and ninth of his career. Feiler started at tackle, his second NFL start and first at the position since the 2013 NCAA Division II playoffs when he was a senior at Bloomsburg University."They did everything that was expected of them," Gilbert said. "Those guys are starter-capable guys. You can't call them backups. We have a lot of depth in our room, so that's expected of us."Finney and Feiler helped Ben Roethlisberger earn AFC offensive player of the week honors after the Steelers quarterback threw for 353 yards and three touchdowns against Tampa Bay."It was fun watching them in prime time and seeing them get some playing time," DeCastro said. "They went out there, they proved themselves and we got a win, so I'm happy for them."Wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster also said Friday he expects to play after managing an abdomen injury this week. He said the injury initially happened in the first half of the Steelers' loss against Kansas City two weeks ago.Smith-Schuster did not practice Wednesday and he was limited Thursday before working out in full on Friday. The second-year receiver ranks fifth in the league with 356 receiving yards and a touchdown through three games."This year, I'm out here, I know what to do White Ty Montgomery Jersey , where to go and I know all the positions," Smith-Schuster said. "Having that chemistry with (Roethlisberger) and a lot of the guys the past few games, it's very fun for me to be out there right now."NOTES: Two defensive starters were listed as doubtful: S Morgan Burnett with a groin injury, CB Mike Hilton with a hyperextended elbow. Both worked in limited capacity on Thursday, but did not practice Friday. Burnett practiced in full on Wednesday. OWINGS MILLS, Md. (AP) — The effective play of rookie Lamar Jackson as a starting quarterback has left Baltimore Ravens coach John Harbaugh with a decision to make if veteran Joe Flacco returns this week from a right hip injury.Does Flacco get back the starting job Sunday against the Atlanta Falcons? Or does Harbaugh stick with the hot hand in Jackson, who guided Baltimore (6-5) past Cincinnati and Oakland in his first two NFL starts?Flacco was examined by a doctor on Monday, Harbaugh said. If the 11-year veteran is cleared to return, he will likely practice Wednesday for the first time since the injury occurred on Nov. 4 in a loss to Pittsburgh.“The biggest criteria is the protection of the hip,” Harbaugh said. “There’s no big tear in there that I’m aware of. The hip has to be strong and not agitated for Joe to really protect himself. That’s the concern Ty Montgomery Jersey 2019 , Joe’s safety.”Once Flacco returns, the clock begins ticking for Harbaugh to decide between the pocket passer he’s guided since 2008, or the rookie who’s been slashing and darting all over the field for an offense that’s surpassed 400 yards in each of the last two weeks.“I feel very, very confident that I have a good handle on what we need to do when the time comes, which is not here yet,” Harbaugh said. “I don’t think you start making these decisions until you get to the bridge. We’ll cross that bridge when we get to it. I’ll be ready to make that decision when the time comes.”When the Ravens selected Jackson with the 32nd overall pick in the NFL draft, Harbaugh vehemently asserted that the Louisville star and 2016 Heisman Trophy winner would sit behind Flacco on the depth chart. The 33-year-old Flacco started the first nine games, throwing for 2,465 yards and 12 touchdowns with six interceptions, but Baltimore dropped three straight on the back end of that stretch and was in danger of dropping out of the playoff hunt.Jackson had been used periodically before taking over for the injured Flacco on Nov. 18 against the Bengals. The rookie ran for 117 yards in a 24-21 victory Womens Hayden Hurst Jersey , and built on that performance Sunday by running for a score and passing for a touchdown in a 34-17 rout of the Raiders.With an assist from rookie running back Gus Edwards, the Jackson-led Ravens ran for 265 yards against Cincinnati and 242 against Oakland. Prior to that, Baltimore’s season high for yards rushing was 123.Asked if the Ravens’ improved ground game could be attributed to Jackson and Edwards (who has surpassed 100 yards in two straight games), Harbaugh replied: “Both of those things, plus I think our offensive line is blocking really well. The tight ends are blocking really well.”Flacco’s has the edge in experience and is the better passer. Jackson is a threat to run at any time, a skill that drives opposing defenses crazy.“When you can establish the inside run, the perimeter offense, all the bells and whistles with Jackson, they’re very hard to defend,” Raiders coach Jon Gruden said.In a way Hayden Hurst Jersey White , Harbaugh will choose his starting quarterback as if his job depended on it. Because maybe it does. Baltimore has failed to reach the playoffs in three straight seasons, and another miss could put the coach on the hot seat.Should Harbaugh reach a decision before the Ravens face the Falcons (4-7), don’t expect him to publicly announce it.“If I decide to do it one way or the other, I don’t want our opponent to know,” he said. “So, I’m probably not going to announce it for obvious reasons — just to make it tough on our next opponent. That’s the way we’ll go this week.”

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor