e he wants to know more about

in Events im JuZ Idstein 25.07.2019 08:51
von zhouyueyue • 1.061 Beiträge

CANBERRA, Feb. 9 (Xinhua) -- Indigenous Australians suffer almost three times the amount of racism compared to their non-Indigenous counterparts, the results of a new study showed on Thursday.

Reconciliation Australia, an organization which aims to "promote and facilitate reconciliation between the wider Australian community and those of an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island background", released a statement detailing the results, in which it was found that incidents of racism increased in 2016 compared to 2014.

Reconciliation Australia CEO Justin Mohamed said the findings were surprising given the emphasis on reconciliation beginning in 2008, when then-Prime Minister Kevin Rudd formally apologized to the "Stolen Generations".

"Our findings show that in the six months prior to the survey, 46 percent of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians, experienced at least one form of racial prejudice," Mohamed said in a statement released with the study on Thursday.

"This is up from 39 percent in 2014, and is two and a half times higher than an Australian from the general community, of whom only 18 percent had had such experiences.

"What we're seeing since the first survey in 2008 ,just after the National Apology to Stolen Generations, is that whilst we've maintained a lot of goodwill, we aren't moving fast enough on issues of racism and trust."

The report also found that many Australians (57 percent of Indigenous Australians and 39 percent of the general Australian population) agreed that Australia is a "racist country" despite almost four in five Australians (and 93 percent of the Indigenous population) saying they were of the belief that Aboriginal cultures were important to Australia's national identity.

Mohamed said the issue begins at an "institutional level" and more should be done by governments and people in power to address racism and attempt reconciliation with the Indigenous community.

"Part of the problem is that we aren't addressing racism at an institutional level," he said on Thursday.

"Attempts to weaken legal protections under the Racial Discrimination Act are ongoing. Australia is yet to implement its international obligations under the United Nations Declaration of the Rights of Indigeous Peoples and the Australian Constitution still allows for racial discrimination in our nation's founding document."

"The reality is that unless goodwill is followed through with significant reform at an institutional level, Australia will continue to fall short of its full potential as a reconciled nation."

銆€銆€Joe Cole joined Chelsea in 2003 and helped the Blues win three Premier League titles. VCG Photo

Former England and Chelsea midfielder Joe Cole has announced his retirement from football on Tuesday Authentic Dodgers Hoodie , bringing the curtain down on a 20-year professional career.

Cole, who turned 37 last week, made 716 appearances and scored 104 goals for seven clubs and completed his career with Tampa Bay Rowdies in the second-tier United Soccer League.

鈥淎fter 20 years as a professional Authentic Dodgers Hats , the time has come for me to hang up my boots,鈥?Cole, who came through West Ham United's youth system Authentic Dodgers T-Shirts , said in a statement. 鈥淚t has been a dream come true. All of it.

鈥淲hatever is next, I hope the next two decades are as special as my last 20 years as a professional have been.鈥?p>

Cole made his debut at West Ham aged 17 and became club captain four years later, being heralded as one of England's brightest youth prospects due to his excellent dribbling skills and flair.

He joined Chelsea in 2003 Customized Dodgers Jerseys , one of a number of recruits brought in following the takeover of the club by Russian Roman Abramovich but struggled to impose himself as a starter in his early days at Stamford Bridge.

However, he went on to win every domestic honour at Chelsea, including three Premier League titles and two FA Cups.

On the international stage Cheap Dodgers Jerseys , Cole was regarded as a member of England's 鈥榞olden generation' which included the likes of Frank Lampard, David Beckham, Steven Gerrard and Rio Ferdinand.

He scored 10 goals in 56 appearances for the national side between 2001 and 2010 Fernando Valenzuela Dodgers Jersey , but never quite reached the potential he showed in his youth. Cole was often hindered by injuries throughout his career.

He was selected for the 2002, 2006 and 2010 World Cups, making his final England appearance at the latter tournament in South Africa.

Cole's career after leaving Chelsea in 2010 was limited to short uneventful spells at Liverpool Sandy Koufax Dodgers Jersey , Lille, West Ham, Aston Villa and Coventry City before moving to the United States.

Having enjoyed a short stint as player-assistant coach at the Rowdies Maury Wills Dodgers Jersey , Cole now wishes to pursue a coaching career in the near future.

鈥淚 want to stay involved in the game. I feel I can offer a lot as a coach and have really enjoyed the opportunity to undertake some of these duties with the Rowdies,鈥?he added.

鈥淭o lend my experience to help other young footballers achieve their dreams, just like I did Kirk Gibson Dodgers Jersey , is a big passion of mine.鈥?p>

Source: Reuters

Most of the time, students uses different author鈥檚 point of opinion in their Mark Twain essays but forget to document sources. Won鈥檛 it be embarrassing for you if your essay would be marked as plagiarized content and you would get very low grades in your essay exams? You shouldn鈥檛 ignore the possibility of getting caught because today many universities and colleges use different plagiarism checkers to detect if the Mark Twain essay is original or not.

On the other hand, there are certain advantages of documenting sources in a essay on Mark Twain such as; the reader would find the information source easily if in case he wants to know more about the topic Babe Herman Dodgers Jersey , leaves a good impression on the reader which will depict . cheap air max wholesale nike air max wholesale china wholesale jordan shoes nike vapormax wholesale cheap nike shoes wholesale Cheap Nike Shoes China cheap air jordans free shipping Wholesale Mens Nike Shoes Cheap Jordan 13 http://www.cheapestwholesaleshoes.com/

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor