Seriously I wanted to vote for all of them.

in Events in der Region 09.05.2019 03:20
von zhangzk • 189 Beiträge

The Royals are currently holding voting for their 2019 Hall of Fame induction class. They have eleven candidates but will only allow you to vote for three. I’m sure you’ll find can find lots of people explaining who they voted for and why but that’s not what we’re here for http://www.bravesfanproshop.com/authentic-nick-markakis-jersey , today. We’re here so I can explain to you why all of these players deserve to be in the Royals Hall of Fame. Everyone says Royals Review is negative and they say I’m negative, too. Well, it’s a season for giving and we’re going to give all eleven of these players a case for being elected to the Royals Hall of Fame in 2019.Jeremy Affeldt - First year eligibleJeremy was a home-grown pitcher, drafted in the third round of the 1997 draft by the Royals. He actually did a remarkable job of limiting home runs as a Royal; he allowed only 0.9 HR/9 IP. His best year was the brightest year the Royals had until 2013. In 2003 he went 7-6 while alternating as a starter and as a reliever. He carried a 3.93 ERA and 3.74 FIP which was good enough for a 125 ERA+ - remember this was when balls were just rocketing all over the field.Perhaps most importantly he did his darnedest to help the Royals win the World Series in 2015. If had hadn’t helped San Francisco with 5.1 scoreless innings across four innings in that series the Royals might not have had the drive to win in 2015.Plus he has the same first name as me and I once got to serve him a Whiskey River BBQ Chicken sandwich at the Olathe Red Robin. So that’s got to count for something.John Buck - First year eligibleJohn managed to earn some Rookie of the Year votes when he debuted for the team in 2004. He was actually an All-Star in 2010 - one year after he left Kansas City - but he was an above-average hitter even in 2009 for KC. He had some big-time power even if he never hit more than 20 home runs in a year for the Royals. He earned 2.0 bWAR while being paid only a little more than six million dollars for his Royals career so he was a huge value for the team.Listen. I’ve got his jersey in my closet and he seemed like a fun dude. If you think the Hall of Fame should help you tell the story of a team I think he’s a good representative of what KC was like when he was here - hopelessly bad while playing just well enough to make hopeful kids think that next year was definitely going to be the year.Bruce Chen - First year eligibleBruce was probably better than you remember. He actually won more games than he lost for the Royals despite pitching for them from 2009-2014. He struck out more than twice as many guys as he walked. And he was always looking out for the younger guys in the clubhouse and trying to show them the ropes.Bruce is also a really funny guy and a great interview. He was a terrific value, earning 6.1 bWAR over his time with KC while being paid only $14M. He even pitched a shutout one time and earned a save another time.Al Cowens - Fifth and final year eligibleAl was pretty good for KC for a long time. He was never better than 1977 when he came in second in the MVP voting and won a gold glove for arguably the best Royals team in history. He had a 137 OPS+ with 23 dingers and 16 steals. You could put him just for that season.Maybe that’s the only reason to put him in but it’s still a reasonJohnny Damon - Second year eligibleJohnny might have gotten really good after he left KC but he was pretty good before then, too. His career OPS+ for the Royals was 101 but he stole 156 bases in six seasons including stealing a league-leading 46 in his final year for the boys in blue. He also led the league in runs scored, that year.He’s among the Royals’ leaders in several categories and he even played in a then team-record 305 consecutive games, at one point. He was also a team leader, if you value that sort of thing.David DeJesus - First year eligibleDavid was actually really for KC for a long time. Our own Ryan Heffernon made an impassioned case for the erstwhile Kansas City outfielder, yesterday, and I found it moderately compelling. He got some Rookie of the Year votes in 2004 and who can forget the time the Royals lobbied for him to win a gold glove for his work in left field. David was a well-above-average hitter for most of his Royals career, too.And he deserves something for putting in all that effort for some of the worst teams the Royals have ever fielded.Al Fitzmorris - Fifth and final year eligibleAl was as much the voice of my childhood rooting for the Royals as Denny Matthews. He was a regular co-host on the pre- and post-game shows and always a voice of positivity no matter how bad things got. He was actually a really good pitcher for them, too. He debuted with the expansion Royals in 1969 and struggled to find his way for a while but by 1973 he was completely dominating the opposition, when healthy.For four years he dominated. Plus his time in the booth and he definitely deserves to be in the Royals Hall of Fame.Raul Ibanez - First year eligibleRaul was a big part of both the 2003 success and the 2014 success. And some people think he might manage the Royals someday. So that’s pretty cool. Vote for Raul!Bo Jackson - Fifth and final year eligibleBo is Bo. I think these should be all the arguments I need.CONTENT WARNING: There are some highlights of him as a Raiders running back, too.Bo was a legendary athletic talent and I think you need to include him in the hall simply on those merits.Kevin Seitzer - Fifth and final year eligibleKevin was an All-Star and received MVP votes in his first full season. He also took second place in Rookie of the Year voting. He was an above average hitter his entire time in KC and probably the best hitting coach they’ve had since I started watching in 1998. Vote Seitz!Yordano Ventura - First year eligibleYordano was such a tantalizing talent. His Game 6 performance in the 2014 World Series will probably be legendary for decades to come. He’d probably be a shoo-in if he had hadn’t had the tragic accident before the 2017 season. As it is he still deserves it for being such a huge personality and above average talent. He came in sixth in Rookie of the Year voting in 2014.Listen. Just vote for Yo. It’s what Danny Duffy would want you to do.So, yeah, that’s why you should vote for all of them. Except you can’t. I guess I’d recommend voting for Bo, Kevin Seitzer, and Al Fitzmorris since they’re about to fall off the ballot and all have their places in Royals history.More Rejected Holiday MusicDon’t worry! If you were hoping I’d continue the tradition of writing terrible Christmas carol parodies, we’ve still got a few of those Julio Teheran Jersey , too!They Run Fast (To the tune of Jingle Bells)Hamilton, Mondesi, and Terrance Gore!Oh what fun to run and runif we can get on base, hey!Away in Omaha (To the tune of Away in a Manger)Away in Omaha Brett Phillips will playThere’s no room in KC For Terrance must play!His teammates enjoy himThe fans want him backThey’re tired of GordonThey’ve demanded he pack!Last Season (to the tune of Last Christmas)Last season we gave you our heartsBut the very next day you lost one more gameThis year to save us from tearswe’ll just root for some excitement!Have a great whatever holiday you celebrate and be safe! See ya, next week! The Cubs still have some work to do in getting an Opening Day bullpen together."MESA, Arizona — I am still certain, absolutely certain, pretty certain... well, kind of certain that the Cubs pitching staff will sort itself out in the next 11 days and things will be fine come Opening Day in Arlington, Texas.Right? Right?Well, I hope that’s right, anyway. The Cubs lost to the Rockies 7-2 Sunday afternoon, and the issue really wasn’t the fact that there wasn’t much offense (just six hits and two runs). It’s that the plans for the Cubs rotation and pitching staff aren’t really being followed, not the way management appears to have drawn them up, anyway.This is the fourth time through the regular rotation, the guys who will line up beginning Opening Day. As such, it would be expected that these guys would throw five innings in that fourth time, then six the next time, then be ready to go seven once the regular season begins.Maybe that’ll happen, but not one Cubs starter has gone five innings yet. In fact http://www.bravesfanproshop.com/authentic-nick-markakis-jersey , Q is the first of those five to even finish the fourth inning, all of them departing around the 75-pitch mark. Which would be fine, if those 75 pitches could have made up five innings, which is a reasonable benchmark. Jose Quintana looked like he might go five, after the first three innings Sunday. He allowed just one hit (a nicely-placed bunt by Garrett Hampson) and a walk over those three. Then he lost it in the fourth. Former Cub Daniel Murphy homered leading off the inning, and Quintana allowed two more hits and a walk. Along with an infield out, that produced another run. I don’t have a precise pitch count for Quintana, but he must have been around 75 as well. I assume the next time through, the starters will be throwing around 90 pitches.But hey, look what Q did [VIDEO]!Your browser does not support HTML5 video.One of Q’s two K’s is in that video, followed by a perfectly-executed RBI squeeze bunt that gave the Cubs a brief 1-0 lead in the second inning.The game went 2-1 Rockies into the seventh. Brandon Kintzler got himself into trouble with a couple of hits allowed, but got out of them with a double play. Steve Cishek relieved Kintzler with one out in the sixth and threw one pitch for a ground out.Not so good was Brian Duensing, who entered that 2-1 game and got hit hard, allowing four hits. He was charged with four runs and it might have been more if Johnny Field hadn’t made a nice diving catch on a sinking liner. It scored one run, but there would have been at least one more if he doesn’t make that grab.Field also homered, his third of the spring [VIDEO].Your browser does not support HTML5 video.Johnny Field is an intriguing player. He’s not a big man — just 5-10, 180 — but has surprising power. He also plays all three outfield positions well. But. He strikes out way, way too much. In 233 plate appearances in 2018 split between the Twins and Rays, he struck out 72 times and drew only seven walks. He’s got a lifetime .440 SLG in 2,121 minor-league at-bats. The man can hit David Justice Jersey , but I suspect not well enough to even be a full-time MLB fifth outfielder. He’s likely going to Iowa to be ready in case of injuries.And I would be remiss if I didn’t show you some Javy being Javy [VIDEO].Your browser does not support HTML5 video.Javier Baez’ patented swim move got him his first steal of the spring. Unfortunately, after advancing to third in that first inning, he was stranded.I guess the key question that comes from this game is: What to do with Brian Duensing? He’s had a pretty bad spring coming off an injured, bad 2018 season. The Cubs owe him $3.5 million, though that would be reduced if someone else picked him up and gave him the minimum salary. That’s a fair amount of money, but in the context of the entire Cubs payroll, maybe it’d be better to let him go at this point and try someone else.Attendance watch: The Cubs announced the second-biggest crowd in Sloan Park (and Cactus League and spring training overall) history, 16,028, on a stunningly gorgeous 77-degree spring afternoon in Mesa. That makes the total attendance for 12 dates 160,323, or 13,360 per date.The Cubs have Monday off. In order to keep Jon Lester on his regular off-day schedule, he will throw a sim game at the complex (not sure when or where) Monday. Then he’ll start Saturday night against the Rockies and be on target for Opening Day against the Rangers.The Cubs’ next game is against the Mariners Tuesday afternoon at Sloan Park. The Mariners big leaguers are currently in Japan getting ready to open the regular season Wednesday against the A’s in Tokyo, so the Mariners squad that faces the Cubs Tuesday will be non-roster guys, 40-man guys who didn’t go, and minor leaguers. Yu Darvish will start for the Cubs Tuesday. At this time the Mariners don’t have a starting pitcher listed for this game. Game time Tuesday is 3:05 p.m. CT. No TV Tuesday; there will be the usual audio webcast on cubs.com.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor