who recently joined the race for free-agent outfielder Bryce Harper, are in on fr

in Quasselecke 25.04.2019 04:36
von panxing18 • 393 Beiträge

The San Diego Padres http://www.marinersfanproshop.com/authentic-edgar-martinez-jersey , ee-agent left-hander Gio Gonzalez, according to Jon Morosi of Fox Sports and MLB Network.Morosi explained the impact Gonzalez would have in a Padres uniform: "Gonzalez, 33, would add experience to a Padres rotation that may otherwise consist entirely of starting pitchers who are 28 and younger. Gonzalez has pitched effectively at Petco Park, with a .592 opponents' OPS in five starts.And Gonzalez is represented by Scott Boras, the same agent as Harper."The left-hander did not enjoy a productive 2018 http://www.marinersfanproshop.com/authentic-edgar-martinez-jersey , as he went 10-11 with a 4.21 ERA for the Washington Nationals and Milwaukee Brewers. After leading the National League with 79 walks in 2017, Gonzalez had one more in 2018 despite pitching 30 fewer innings. Per FanGraphs, Gonzalez also had the highest xFIP and second-lowest strikeout rate of his career.But a change of scenery could do some good for Gonzalez, who finished sixth in the 2017 National League Cy Young race thanks largely because of a 2.96 ERA. As Morosi noted, Gonzalez has found success in Petco Park, which has played as a neutral to pitcher-friendly park over the years. He also could be the ace (or No. 2 pitcher) on a staff where no potential starter had a sub-four ERA last season.The Padres open their season at home against the San Francisco Giants on Thursday, March 28. Boston Red Sox ace Chris Sale apparently scared some life into his team's offense during Game 4 of the World Series on Saturday."It scared me a little bit because I had never seen him yell like that Felix Hernandez Jersey , and the words that he was saying, I had never heard that come from him before," third baseman Rafael Devers said of Sale's motivational dugout speech, per John Tomase of WEEI. "But, you know, we came out sluggish, and that moment helped us get motivated for the rest of the game."Tomase noted the speech came in the seventh inning with Boston trailing the Los Angeles Dodgers 4-0. Sale "punched the air with both hands" and "screamed" at the offense Hisashi Iwakuma Jersey , and the unit responded with nine runs the rest of the way in a 9-6 victory.Devers wasn't the only one to take note of Sale's speech, as second baseman Brock Holt said: "I think that kind of lit a fire under everybody. We didn't want to see him mad anymore. So we decided to start swinging the bats a little bit."Manager Alex Cora joked, "My English is very limited, so I didn't understand what he was saying," and called the speech "a big moment."That big moment helped move the Red Sox a win away from their fourth championship in 15 seasons and spearheaded an offensive explosion that pushed the Dodgers to the brink of elimination. Mitch Moreland's three-run homer in the seventh made it 4-3, Steve Pearce's solo shot in the eighth tied it, and Devers' pinch-hit go-ahead RBI single in the ninth jump-started a five-run frame.It was reminiscent of the offense that led all of baseball in runs (876) Ken Griffey Jersey , hits (1,509), doubles (355), batting average (.268), on-base percentage (.339) and slugging percentage (.453) during the regular season and tormented opposing pitching staffs rather than the one that failed to score a run in the first 6.1 innings off starter Rich Hill.The Red Sox offense may have needed an intense Sale speech to fire it up, but Boston will lift the Commissioner's Trophy if it defeats Clayton Kershaw in Sunday's Game 5 at Dodger Stadium.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor