had Austin Czarnik bang in his rebound. Howe

in Events im JuZ Idstein 09.04.2019 03:51
von elaine95 • 481 Beiträge

SAN JOSE http://www.flyersshoponline.com/authentic-travis-konecny-jersey , Calif. (AP) — It wasn’t discussed before the Calgary Flames took the ice Sunday night.It didn’t have to be.With a first divisional championship in 13 years within their grasp, they left nothing to chance.The Flames scored three times in less than two minutes late in the first period on their way to clinching the top spots in the Western Conference and the Pacific Division with a 5-3 victory over the San Jose Sharks on Sunday night.“Nothing was said,” Flames goalie Mike Smith acknowledged when asked about the mood in the locker before the game. “It was pretty quiet as far as talking about that. There was a feeling that everyone knew what was at stake here, and I think we did a good job of looking after what we needed to look after.Sean Monahan, Mark Jankowski, Dalton Prout, Mikael Backlund and Michael Frolik all scored for Calgary, which won for the eighth time in 11 games. The Flames will have home-ice advantage throughout the Western Conference playoffs.It’s the first time the Flames have won their division since capturing the Northwest title in 2006.“It’s huge,” said Monahan, in his fifth season with Calgary. “I’ve been here a long time now and it’s tough enough to make it to the playoffs, so I think to do what we did is pretty special and it’s something I’ll always remember.“We’ve got a lot of work of ahead of us, and as a group we know what we’re in for.”Timo Meier and Logan Couture each had a goal and an assist and Kevin Labanc also scored for the Sharks, who lost for the eighth time in nine games after winning six straight.The Flames held San Jose to a season-low 15 shots. The Sharks’ previous low was 20 against Boston on Feb. 26. San Jose managed just nine shots through the first two periods, and just three in the second.The Sharks were coming off an emotional 4-3 overtime victory over Vegas on Saturday in which they clinched second in the Pacific. They looked fatigued Sunday.“We didn’t come out the right way,” Meier said. “We didn’t play the full 60 minutes. I know it’s back-to-back Barrett Hayton Jersey Womens , but we need to be better in those situations, playing high-intensity games.”San Jose will play Vegas in the first round.“I haven’t thought about it yet,” Couture said. “We have three games left to figure things out. They’re a good team. It’s going to be a challenge. We haven’t been playing well. It seems like we’re stuck in mud the last three weeks.”Calgary trailed 1-0 on Meir’s 30th goal before Monahan tied it with his 34th at 14:45 of the first period.Janikowski scored his 34th goal just 31 seconds later, and Prout scored his first of the season at with 3:47 left in the period to put the Flames up 3-1.Sharks goalie Aaron Dell had 23 saves.Backlund scored his 21st goal in the second period, and Frolik his 16th in the third to cap the scoring for Calgary.“It’s a group now that nobody wants to be the guy, nobody wants to be the guy that lets anybody down,” Flames coach Bill Peters said. “We know how to play, we know how hard it is and the commitment that it takes, and nobody wants to be that guy that drops the ball. And they’re holding each other accountable, and on the bench it’s all positive, it’s real good.”NOTES: Couture has eight points (five goals, three assists) in his last six games. … Flames C Sam Bennett (lower-body injury) missed his fifth straight game. … Dell had given up 14 goals in his previous four games. … Sharks F’s Melker Karlsson and Lukas Radil (lower-body injuries) each missed their second straight game.UP NEXTCalgary: At Los Angeles on Monday night.San Jose: At Vancouver on Tuesday night. CALGARY, Alberta (AP) — On an emotional night in which Calgary retired the jersey of Jarome Iginla, Minnesota Wild goaltender Devan Dubnyk played the role of spoiler.Dubnyk made 35 saves Saturday, and the Wild beat Calgary 4-2.“You know they’re going to come with a pretty hard push at the beginning of the game Michael Grabner Jersey Womens ,” said Dubnyk, who stopped 27 of- 8 shots in the opening 40 minutes to keep the game tied at 1-1. “They’re a good team and they play well here. I thought we did a good job weathering it.”Matt Read put the Wild ahead to stay in the third period by deflecting a puck off the skate of Calgary’s Mark Jankowski and past goaltender Mike Smith.Eric Staal, Ryan Suter and Ryan Donato also scored for Minnesota, which won its fifth straight.Sean Monahan and Travis Hamonic scored for Calgary, which had its seven-game winning streak halted.The Flames raised Iginla’s No. 12 to the rafters in a pre-game ceremony that lasted nearly an hour and delayed the start by 10 minutes. Iginla retired last summer after 20 NHL seasons, 16 with the Flames.Flames goaltender Mike Smith said the event was special.“I had goose bumps for most of that ceremony,” Flames goaltender Mike Smith said. “I had the privilege to play against Jarome for a few years and it was a special night to be a part of.”The Wild remain in the second wild-card spot in the Western Conference, one point behind of Dallas and one point ahead of Arizona. Calgary leads San Jose by five points atop the Pacific Division.Dubnyk was the story for Minnesota, which was outshot 37-23. Making his sixth straight start, Dubnyk was especially sharp in the opening 40 minutes, when he was peppered with 28 shots. He stopped all but one and improved to 26-21-5.Making his seventh start in nine games, Smith had 19 saves. He had his win streak stopped at five games and fell to 19-12-2.Suter’s goal made it 3-1 at 11:07. After Hamonic cut the deficit to one at 14:29, Donato’s long shot go past Smith at 18:18 and put the game out of reach.“The way (Dubnyk) was playing helped. I think it brought confidence to our team,” said Staal.Donato (2-5-7) and Staal (2-5-6) extended their point streaks to five games.Down 1-0 after the first period, Calgary evened the score with the only goal of the second.Johnny Gaudreau found Monahan in front and he steered in the pass for his 30th goal. The 24-year-old Monahan reached 30 goals for the third time in six NHL seasons.Minnesota opened the scoring at 3:17 http://www.sanjosesharksteamshop.com/authentic-brent-burns-jersey , when Staal one-timed a pass from Jason Zucker.The Flames thought they had tied the score a couple minutes later when Sam Bennett cut hard to the net off the wing and had Austin Czarnik bang in his rebound. However, Bruce Boudreau challenged it for goaltender interference and upon review, the call was reversed.Bennett caught Dubnyk’s pad with his skate and knocked the goaltender off balance.NOTES: Iginla, the longtime Calgary captain, is the franchise leader in games (1,219), goals (525), and points (1,095). A much sought after ticket in Calgary since the jersey retirement was announced, the red-clad patrons in a Saddledome witnessed an emotional tribute that included a stirring video narrated by Lanny McDonald, who along with Mike Vernon are the other two players with their numbers retired. … Zach Parise (foot) didn’t play for Minnesota. … The Wild’s opening goal ended a stretch of 430:41 in which Calgary had not trailed. The last time the Flames faced a deficit was Feb. 14. … Oliver Kylington (lower body) missed his third game.UP NEXTWild: Host Nashville on Sunday.Flames: Host Toronto on Monday.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor