Flacco found the time to throw for 277 yards and a touchdown

in Events in der Region 15.03.2019 02:59
von zhangzk • 189 Beiträge

Baltimore's offensive line handled Von Miller Baltimore Ravens Hats , Joe Flacco took care of the football, and the Ravens sliced through Denver's depleted defense. and the Ravens pushed aside the previously undefeated Broncos 27-14 Sunday.Baltimore (2-1) got 68 yards rushing from Alex Collins, but the line's most ample contribution was giving Flacco time to pass against a defense led by Miller, who came in with an NFL-leading four sacks."That's a stout run defense. We kept hammering in there and bled some yards," Ravens coach John Harbaugh said. "But our pass protection really stepped up and did a great job."Flacco went 25 for 40 without an interception on a rainy afternoon. He threw 28 passes in the first half alone, when Baltimore took control.Miller finished with two tackles and no sacks."He's able to get in there and make a ton of plays and change a game when you look at him on film," Flacco said. "That was the biggest thing, just not letting him be a factor."Flacco's success came against a Denver backfield that began the day without injured cornerback Adam Jones (thigh) and lost cornerback Tramaine Brock (groin) in the first quarter. As a result, rookie Isaac Yiadom saw significant playing time at right cornerback."I think we kind of made it easy for them," Broncos safety Darian Stewart said. "We gave them a lot of stuff."Javorious Allen caught a 12-yard touchdown pass and ran for a score for the Ravens.Baltimore made 20 first downs, totaled 342 yards and converted half its third-down attempts."That wasn't the game we had intended for," Miller said. "At times Baltimore Ravens Womens Hoodie , we couldn't get off the field as a defense."Denver (2-1) was coming off two home wins, both by virtue of fourth-quarter comebacks. This time, the Broncos could not rally after Allen's 1-yard TD run made it 27-14 midway through the third quarter.The Broncos were flagged 13 times for 120 yards."We probably cost ourselves 20 points today on penalties," coach Vance Joseph said.Denver's lone turnover was just as costly. The Broncos were inside the Baltimore 5 with 9 minutes left before Case Keenum was intercepted by Patrick Onwuasor, whose 89-yard return for a touchdown was wiped out by a block in the back.The Ravens took consolation in preventing Denver from getting within a touchdown."That was a huge stop," said Harbaugh, who celebrated his 56th birthday in style.The Broncos' next drive ended at the Baltimore 11, and the Ravens ran out the clock over the final three minutes.Keenum completed 22 of 34 passes for 192 yards.Denver got a touchdown after blocking a punt and also swatted away a field goal try. Chris Harris Jr. took the second blocked kick 58 yards for a touchdown, but an illegal block nullified the second-quarter score.On the ensuing series, Broncos rookie running back Phillip Lindsay was ejected for throwing a punch during the scramble for a fumble by Keenum."He's obviously a big part of what we do offensively," Joseph said. "Losing him, that's a big deal."A wild first half ended with Baltimore up 20-14.After Denver's Joseph Jones blocked a punt to set up a 6-yard touchdown run by Royce Freeman, Collins ran in from the 6 for Baltimore.Broncos wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders made it 14-7 with a 35-yard end around Womens Customized Baltimore Ravens Jerseys , his first career rushing touchdown.Justin Tucker sandwiched a pair of 52-yard field goals around a 12-yard touchdown throw by Flacco.Tucker now has six career games with multiple field goals of 50 yards or more, an NFL record. He has also connected on his last eight attempts from at least 50 yards.LEWIS RETURNSThe Ravens welcomed back linebacker Ray Lewis, who was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in August following a 17-year career with Baltimore.After the players were introduced, the song "Hot in Herre" by Nelly boomed over the PA.Lewis emerged from the tunnel wearing his yellow Hall of Fame jacket and performed his trademark dance while the soggy crowd cheered.Lewis was presented with his Hall of Fame ring during a ceremony at halftime. He was joined by Jonathan Ogden, the Ravens' other HOF member.INJURIESBroncos: Stewart left in the second quarter with a shoulder injury but returned.Ravens: MLB C.J. Mosley was inactive with a bruised knee.UP NEXTBroncos: host Kansas City in an AFC West showdown Monday night, Oct. 1.Ravens: travel to Pittsburgh for a Sunday night matchup between AFC North teams.Lamar Jackson: “I’m trying to score touchdowns - I’m trying to win the game” The Ravens will play in their first regular season game at home on Sunday against the Bills. For rookies, this is often a magical time where they get to fully experience the sights and pageantry that come with an NFL game. For Baltimore rookie quarterback Lamar Jackson, the excitement is definitely there. “I don’t really have any emotions,” Jackson said about playing in his first NFL regular season game on Sunday. “I’m looking forward to it - I’m excited about it.”Jackson has had to learn swiftly. In the Hall of Fame Game against the Chicago Bears, he was constantly chased by defensive linemen and linebackers. In college, Jackson would be able to outrun them, but things are much different in the NFL and Jackson has learned that in his short time as a pro.“Learn fast, it’s a grown man’s game www.ravenscheapshops.com ,” said Jackson. “That’s all so far.”Jackson has had to learn a new role with the Ravens. Usually, he has lined up at quarterback, but he has played in other places. It’s all still fresh to the 21-year old and he wants to take it one step at a time. “I’m pretty cool with it,” Jackson said. “I’m still learning - it’s just a learning process for me still. It’s a huge step for me coming into the league. So, I’m just sitting back learning as much as I can, until my number is called.”Robert Griffin III made the team along with Jackson and Joe Flacco. For the first time in awhile, Baltimore will carry three quarterbacks. The reason is seemingly to help groom Jackson into the eventual starter. Learning from Griffin III is welcome from the 2016 Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback.“That’s pretty cool,” Jackson exclaimed. “Another Heisman winner in the house. So, yeah definitely [excited].”Griffin III has been a big help to Jackson. As a fellow Heisman winner and a dual-threat quarterback, Griffin III has been like an older brother to Jackson. The elder Griffin III has been able to take Jackson under his wing to teach him the rights and wrongs of plays on the practice field and during games. “Just going by certain plays and stuff like that,” Jackson said of Griffin III’s help. “If I mess up on a play, he’ll tell me where he would’ve went on a certain play and stuff like that.”No one really knows if Jackson will play against the Bills. As things have gone with Baltimore’s offense during training camp, Jackson’s athleticism could be used in a number of different ways. He has lined up at several different places on the field Baltimore Ravens T-Shirt , which could potentially be a headache for Buffalo’s defense to defend. Nonetheless, Jackson is looking forward to the opportunity of playing in his first regular season game.“I’ll be very excited,” Jackson said. “I’m trying to score touchdowns - I’m trying to win the game.”Jackson had an eye for the endzone during the preseason, scoring a total of six touchdowns during the preseason. During those games, Jackson faced a litany of players who didn’t make it on an NFL roster. Playing against a first-team pro defense will be different for the rookie. “I don’t know - a few butterflies in my stomach,” said Jackson. “Can’t wait to get that first contact of a real - a true number one defense.”Jackson had to come off of the bench a lot during the preseason, save for his lone start in the final game. The rookie still continued to get his work in and believes that he can be effective as the reserve quarterback or as a weapon on the offense.“I had to deal with it during the preseason,” Jackson said. “I’m looking forward to it.”Jackson has had a steep learning curve as a rookie quarterback in the NFL. In addition to learning the entire offensive scheme, he has had to learn a hybrid position of quarterback/playmaker. The youngster feels that he has adequate knowledge of the playbook to do what is asked of him on Sunday. “Absolutely,” Jackson said. “I’ve been preparing for it through the OTAs, rookie minicamp - I’m just good for it.”

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor