Starting quarterback Mitchell Trubisky (shoulder) was listed as “limited” in

in Quasselecke 26.02.2019 06:47
von panxing18 • 393 Beiträge

Good morning Wayne Gallman Color Rush Jersey , New York Giants fans! Let’s get right to your morning headlines.Who will play QB for Bears on Sunday?practice Wednesday for the Chicago Bears, the Giants opponent on Sunday. Trubisky missed the Bears Week 12 game against the Detroit Lions. Beras coach Matt Nagy told Chicago media that Trubisky “could end up being a game-time thing.”Trubisky (51 carries, 363 yards, 7.1 yards per carry, 3 touchdowns) rushing with the ball has been a big part of Chicago’s offense. If he plays, the Bears don’t want to take that part of the game away from him. “If he ends up playing, we’ll be cautious with how we do that but if he’s going to be out there playing, then we want to be able to let him play like you normally would,” Nagy told New York media. “We don’t want to restrict him too much, but we try to do that even when he’s not hurt before the injury. It’s the same thing, you want to make sure you protect him as much as you can.”If Trubisky doesn’t play, Chase Daniel would make a second straight start for Chicago.Barkley: Workload is “perfectly fine”There is a week-to-week obsession among media members covering the Giants, and in the fan base, regarding the number of touches Saquon Barkley gets each week. With 171 rushing attempts and 71 receptions he has 242 touches on the season, an average of 22 per game. He said Wednesday he is “perfectly fine” with that and with “whatever it takes.”Barkley only getting five touches (four rushes, one reception) in the second half Sunday vs. the Philadelphia Eagles has remained a topic of discussion. Barkley tried on Wednesday to diffuse it.“I know you guys keep bringing up the questions because how many times I touch the ball in the second half, but if we finished the game and we win that game, I don’t think that’s going to be this topic or the story,” Barkley said. “I know what people are thinking, but like I said, I’ll continue to believe in the coaches, continue to believe in the offense and this system and continue to come in working and take it one day at a time.”ManningEli Manning threw a bad interception on Sunday vs. the Eagles, but on the season has thrown only seven interceptions and has a career-low 1.7 percent interception rate. His career interception rate in 3.0 percent and he has never finished a season below 2.1 percent (2008).The automatic thought is that Manning’s interceptions are down because his check downs are up. There may be some truth to that, but the Giants (7.1) are 13th in the league in yards per pass attempt, right in the middle of the league.Here’s Manning on his low interception rate:“I think just being in good positions, trying to make good decisions. Sometimes with interceptions – every one has it’s own story. It could be a bad decision. It could be a missed throw. It could be tipped balls and guys in the wrong spot. Everyone has it’s own story and reason. Just try to eliminate the ones that I can control, and make good decisions,” he said.“Sometimes, it’s just kind of the situations you’re in. Sometimes when you’re down a few scores, sometimes that’s when they come up – when you’re trying to force things. You’re trying to make stuff happen. When there’s not much there. Each one, again, kind of has it’s own reason Jon Halapio Color Rush Jersey , it’s own story.”Manning will be challenged to protect the ball this week. The Bears have a league-leading 20 interceptions.Around the Inter-Google2018 NFL Offensive Line Rankings: All 32 teams' units after Week 12 | NFL Analysis | Pro Football FocusSenior Analyst Mike Renner outlines PFF's NFL offensive line rankings afterWeek 12 of the 2018 NFL regular season.Leonard: Giants have no one good enough to replace Eli Manning at QB, just as they planned - NY Daily NewsThe Giants seemingly are laying the groundwork for Manning to return in 2019 as their starter.Source: Eli Manning could return as Giants' starting QB in 2019 | SNYGiants tackle will get shot to redeem himself vs. Khalil MackOn Sunday, just about a year since his previous disastrous matchup vs. Chicago Bears star Khalil Mack, New York Giants offensive tackle Chad Wheeler gets another chance against Mack, who is now leading a powerful Bears defense following his stunning trade from the Oakland Raiders before the season.Myers: Giants need to see what they have in Kyle Lauletta. But when? – The AthleticAfter Sunday's game versus the Bears, the Giants will have four more opportunities to evaluate the 2018 fourth-round pick in a starting role. Will they take any of them? [Subscription only]How do you replace a legendary QB? Lessons from execs, coaches and players who’ve faced that dilemma – The AthleticAs the Giants sort out the best way to wind down Eli Manning's Super Bowl-winning career with the team, those who've dealt with similar quandaries reflect on the experience. [Subscription only] In an appearance Thursday on ‘Big Blue Kickoff Live,’ New York Giants radio analyst Carl Banks was outstanding. Banks touched on topics that included Eli Manning, the importance of the draft vs. free agency, James Bettcher and more.Below you will find some of the main things Banks said, along with my views on those topics. I’m also going to recommend you find an hour to go listen to the full show. It’s worthwhile.On the future of Eli ManningThis, of course, is where everything starts for the Giants. Banks said “the organization probably does not know (what is going to happen) because of all of the variables.”Those variables, of course, include whether Manning actually wants to play in 2019, what quarterbacks become available in free agency and their price tags, and how the draft plays out.Valentine’s View: The Giants do understand that Eli isn’t going to play until this kid is ready to take over.No one yet knows what is going to happen. There are, though, legitimate reasons why Manning could still be the Giants’ starter next season.On the quarterback transition plan“You’ve gotta look down the line. You put things in place not only for Eli Manning, but for the guy who’s replacing him. The one thing you don’t want is to fall off a cliff, get a good quarterback and you don’t have the supporting cast,” Banks said.“If there’s a quarterback, and for all you Twitter GMs they [the Giants organization] know more than you, they know more than me, they spend two years minimum evaluating quarterbacks. It’s not like they see a guy on the board and say we like him because I saw two college games. They put time in.”Banks did not express a preference for any of the potentially available quarterbacks — in the draft or on the free agent market.Valentine’s View: First, I have to applaud Banks for his “Twitter GMs” line. I have said this for years — your opinion is nice and you’re welcome to it. So is mine. In the end, though, they don’t matter. And, they aren’t based on nearly as much information as Gettleman and his staff have available to them. They know more and have more data available than we do, that is inarguable. It doesn’t mean they always get it right, no one ever does. No NFL team is going to do something because the media or fans think it’s the thing to do. They are going to do it because the countless hours of work they have done lead them to the conclusion that it’s the right move.Dwayne Haskins? Kyler Murray? Daniel Jones? Teddy Bridgewater? Nick Foles? Kyle Lauletta? Wait until 2020? I don’t know who the right replacement for Manning will be. What I do know is that if the Giants get it wrong Kerry Wynn Color Rush Jersey , “Quarterback Hell” will set them back years. They know it, too.On the performance of defensive coordinator James BettcherA caller to the show attacked Bettcher and said he would rather have Gregg Williams, who was just hired as defensive coordinator by the New York Jets.Banks wasn’t having it.Valentine’s View: Banks is more or less pounding the table here and saying he feels Bettcher is as good as any defensive coordinator in the league.Me? I’m not sure about that. I do know this much — Banks is absolutely right about the talent level on the Giants’ defense in 2018. There wasn’t a single level of that defense that had good enough players. I like Bettcher’s resume. I like his energy. I like his creativity. I don’t like the hand he was dealt in 2018, and I don’t think he should be judged based on that.Let’s see what he can do with better players. If he can’t get results with defensive personnel that should be able to get the job done then he will be open to criticism. Not based on what we saw last season.On free agency vs. the draftValentine’s View: Boy, there is a lot to unpack here. Let me try.First, Banks is absolutely right. The only way to build sustained success is to consistently draft well. When you don’t draft well, you don’t develop a core of “your” players. You are constantly chasing fixes in free agency, or using more draft picks to try and correct your last mistake. This has been the crux of the issue for the Giants for the last six, seven years. Maybe more prior to the hiring of Dave Gettleman as GM. They haven’t drafted well enough, and consequently have not had rosters filled with enough talent.Second, Banks talked about the complaints heard about overspending on free agents who don’t live up to their contracts. Well, this is what happens in free agency. You pay high dollars because you are desperate, you are forced to spend whatever the going price is on the market.The Giants knew when they signed him that Nate Solder didn’t deserve to be the highest-paid left tackle in the game. Because they missed on Ereck Flowers, and because Jerry Reese never admitted or addressed that mistake, Gettleman had to do that. The Giants knew Olivier Vernon wasn’t an $85 million player. Because they missed on Damontre Moore and Owa Odighizuwa and had no clue if Jason Pierre-Paul could still be a productive player they were left with no choice. Vernon was the best available, and $85 million was the cost.Third, the scholarship idea. As I said, Reese was guilty of failing to admit his mistake with Flowers. Players like Rueben Randle, James Brewer, Jayron Hosley, Adrien Robinson and Jay Bromley were all guys who occupied roster spots for far too long because the Giants were not willing to admit their mistakes.The Giants made a free-agent mistake last offseason with Patrick Omameh. The fact that they admitted it and moved on so quickly was a good sign that there hopefully won’t be scholarships during the Gettleman era.On the trade of Damon HarrisonWhen it comes to a pure run-defending defensive tackle, there isn’t a better one than ‘Snacks.’ There are still Giants fans who don’t understand why the team traded him to the Detroit Lions at midseason.Valentine’s View: I couldn’t agree more. The Giants were a bad team going nowhere with Snacks — and Eli Apple, too. We’re all wondering what the Giants are going to do with highly-paid veterans Olivier Vernon and Janoris Jenkins. Had they kept him, Snacks would be in that category, too. And I believe, as Banks obviously does, that the Giants would have moved on from him this offseason, anyway.Trading him gave the Giants a clear path to put Hill and Dalvin Tomlinson in their proper positions, and made snaps available to R.J. McIntosh. Those players are all likely to be part of the team’s future. Moving on from ‘Snacks’ was, for the long term, the right thing to do.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor