game,” Johnson said. ”Obviously, we made a good push in the third. It just wasn’t enough.”Carlson said the Capitals can take som

in Events im JuZ Idstein 26.02.2019 03:17
von elaine95 • 481 Beiträge

CALGARY http://www.billscheapshop.com/cheap-authentic-tre_davious-white-jersey , Alberta — In recent years, the Colorado Avalanche may have been a game Calgary season-ticket holders took a pass on — but no longer.Possibly the NHL’s most explosive line pays a visit to Alberta starting with a tilt in Calgary on Thursday.Mikko Rantanen, Gabriel Landeskog and Nathan MacKinnon lead a resurgent Avalanche.Article continues below ...Rantanen had the league’s scoring lead entering Wednesday’s game with 12 goals and 16 assists. MacKinnon was fifth (9g, 9a) and Landeskog ninth (10g, 6a).The Avalanche are tied for second in the Western Conference with a 7-3-2 record.“I think we’re one of the top teams in the league in the standings,” Rantanen told nhl.com. “I know its early, but still, other teams have to look for us and be ready for us. I think we’re playing good hockey now. It’s still early and there are a lot of games left, so we just have to be consistent.”Calgary is returning home from a very successful two-game trip to Toronto and Buffalo, where they scored late in regulation each night then won in overtime.Matthew Tkachuk tipped in the tying goal with 54 seconds remaining in the third period and Johnny Gaudreau won it 2:40 in overtime.The Flames are 7-5-1 and were seventh in the Western Conference as of Wednesday morning.While the Flames are coming off back-to-back games on the road Cheap Christian McCaffrey Jersey , the Avalanche are coming off a nice little rest period. They last played on Saturday, losing 3-2 in Minnesota.“Rest is the big, main thing coming out of the seven (games) in 12 (days),” head coach Jared. Bednar told nhl.com. “They had a couple days of rest. We had a good day of practice (Tuesday). We’ll have short one (Wednesday) before we fly off. Then we go back-to-back (games), and they’ll get some rest again and then put them to work and get ready for the next stretch.”The Avalanche will fly to Vancouver after Thursday’s game to face the Canucks on Friday.While the Avalanche are rested, the Flames have been busy. They finish up a stretch of six games in nine days on Saturday when they host the Chicago Blackhawks.They have recovered with the two road wins after losing 9-1 to Pittsburgh and 4-3 in OT to Washington at home.“We’re getting where we want to be,” captain Mark Giordano told reporters in Buffalo. “Tonight was solid again, I didn’t think we gave up much. We’re getting to where we know what to expect out of each other defensively and we’re not cheating on offence and that’s resulting in wins.”Gaudreau is again the player to watch for Calgary. He’s off to a fast start with six goals and 10 assists in 13 games. Calgary’s top goal scorer so far is Elias Lindholm, who was acquired in the offseason from Carolina.“He’s one of those players that generates quality chances all the time,” Flames head coach Bill Peters told Postmedia News Authentic Christian McCaffrey Jersey , whom he coached in Carolina. “Right now, they’re going in for him. Right now, he’s playing on a real good line with a good play-making winger and a center in Johnny and (Sean Monahan).“That’s the thing with Johnny — he makes a lot of plays. He buys guys time and Lindy’s done a good job of getting to the right spot at the right time.” BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) Alex Ovechkin can stop fretting about what the Washington Capitals captain described as the worst game of his career.He and the Capitals were much better in a 3-2 win over the Buffalo Sabres on Monday, two days after a 7-1 meltdown at Chicago.After being held without a shot against Chicago, Ovechkin responded by scoring his NHL-leading 35th goal, and Washington reclaimed the top spot in the Metropolitan DivisionArticle continues below ...”Yeah, I think the last game I didn’t play my game. I think it was the worst play of my career by myself. I take the blame on it,” Ovechkin said. ”I think we understand the game in Chicago was just forget about it, you know. We moved forward. We got two points.”Capitals coach Barry Trotz noticed how much more involved Ovechkin was against Buffalo http://www.pantherscheapshop.com/cheap-authentic-christian-mccaffrey-jersey , particularly after a few early exchanges with Sabres defenseman Rasmus Ristolainen.”Sometimes to wake up the bear up, you poke him a little, and he goes,” Trotz said of Ovechkin, who reached the 35-goal plateau for the 10th time in 13 NHL seasons.John Carlson had a goal and assist and Philipp Grubauer stopped 32 shots in a game Washington led 2-0 after two periods.Evgeny Kuznetsov sealed the victory by scoring into an open net with 26 seconds remaining to put Washington up 3-1, and the Capitals ended a four-game road trip at 2-1-1.Washington improved to 34-18-7 for 75 points, moving one ahead of the idle Pittsburgh Penguins, while preparing for a showdown at home Tuesday against Eastern Conference-leading Tampa Bay Lightning.Kyle Okposo spoiled Grubauer’s shutout bid by having Scott Wilson’s shot from the high slot deflect in off him with 7:18 remaining.Evander Kane closed the scoring with 4 seconds left in a final period in which Buffalo managed 17 of its 34 shots. Backup goalie Chad Johnson stopped 27 shots, starting in place of Robin Lehner, who was given a day off to rest a nagging lower-body injury.Though disappointed in the outcome Baker Mayfield Jersey Elite , Sabres coach Phil Housley was more pleased with his team’s overall performance following a sloppy 4-2 loss to the Los Angeles Kings on Saturday.”The result, definitely we don’t like. We want to win at home here,” Housley said. ”But against a really good hockey team, I can’t fault our guys for the effort.”The Capitals struck twice in the second period on goals determined by video reviews.Ovechkin scored 1:18 into the period by getting his stick up to bat down Christian Djoos‘ rising shot from the left point and bounce it inside the left post. The goal held up, with the NHL ruling Ovechkin’s stick was not above the crossbar.Carlson scored with 6:27 left in the second period during a scramble for the puck to the left of the Buffalo net. Carlson jammed the puck loose and into the crease, where it briefly rolled across the goal line an instant before Okposo kicked it out.Play continued until the next whistle with 6:13 left, when a review determined the puck went in.Johnson wasn’t sure how high Ovechkin’s stick was on the first goal, though he knew the second goal was in.”It’s just two lucky goals and that’s the game,” Johnson said. ”Obviously, we made a good push in the third. It just wasn’t enough.”Carlson said the Capitals can take some positives out of a trip in which they opened with a 4-3 overtime loss at Winnipeg and then beat Minnesota 5-2.”The stinker http://www.clevelandbrownsteamonline.com/baker-mayfield-jersey , everyone talks about it,” Carlson said, referring the loss at Chicago. ”But we played a lot of good minutes of hockey on this trip.”NOTES: A few hours before the opening faceoff, the Capitals acquired D Michal Kempny in a trade with Chicago for a conditional 2018 third-round pick. … Trotz laughed in describing the phone conversation he had in welcoming Kempny to the team. ”I told him, we’re not as bad as he saw in Chicago,” Trotz said. … Buffalo recalled G Linus Ullmark from AHL Rochester to back up Johnson. Ullmark was returned to the minors immediately after the game.UP NEXTCapitals: At home against Tampa Bay.Sabres: Play their next two on the road, starting at the Detroit Red Wings on Thursday.—

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor