was the ninth overall pick

in Quasselecke 25.02.2019 04:48
von jinshuiqian0713 • 1.650 Beiträge

PARIS - Canadian Milos Raonic had 19 aces Wednesday in a 6-3, 5-7, 7-6 (4) win over American Jack Sock in the second round of the Paris Masters tennis tournament. Zapatillas Adidas Yeezy Baratas .The win by the seventh-seeded Raonic means the 23-year-old from Thornhill, Ont., keeps alive his hopes of qualifying for the ATP finals.This match was very important in the sense of just getting my teeth into this tournament, giving myself another chance, said Raonic. I know Im going to have to play better.Fortunately I felt like I was playing better and better at the end of the match especially.Raonic would be guaranteed a spot in the season-ending tournament by winning the Paris title, though other scenarios are also possible depending on how his rivals do this week. The Canadian served as an alternate at London a year ago but never took to the court.Raonic took the match into a deciding tiebreaker and served his way out of danger in the end.That thought (of going out of contention with a loss) didnt really cross my mind, said Raonic, whose season could have ended with a loss. But, that (qualifying for the finals) obviously is a factor. I felt like I did a good job in that tiebreak. I got ahead on one point and then just really took care of my service points.Raonic pounded down a service winner to yield two match points, converting on the first with a crisp cross-court volley winner.After beating Sock for the fifth time this season, Raonic credited his serve with seeing him through repeatedly over the American.My serve helps me out of a lot of tiebreaks against him, he said. I think hes playing much better now than he was at the start of the year.Raonic needed two hours to hold off Sock, who also dropped a 6-1, 6-4 mens doubles decision with Vancouvers Vasek Pospisil. They fell to Stan Wawrinka and Leander Paes, knocking them out of contention for a London berth in mens doubles.Roger Federer was made to fight all the way by local favourite Jeremy Chardy before reaching the third round, while Andy Murray moved one match away from qualifying for the ATP Finals.The 17-time Grand Slam champion completed a 7-6 (5), 6-7 (5), 6-4 victory at the Palais Omnisports to keep his challenge for the year-end No. 1 ranking well on track.Federer could have sealed the win earlier but Chardy, who beat him earlier this year on clay at the Rome Masters, saved two match points at 5-4 in the second set before forcing a decider with a stunning crosscourt forehand winner.The 33-year-old Federer arrived in Paris undefeated in his past 12 matches on the back of consecutive titles in Shanghai and Basel, trailing top-ranked Novak Djokovic by 490 points.With 2,500 points up for grabs between Paris and at the ATP Finals in London, Federer is looking to clinch the year-end top spot for a record-equaling sixth time. He will also have a chance to earn points with Switzerland in the Davis Cup final against France next month.Federers Davis Cup teammate Stan Wawrinka joined him in the third round after winning his first match in more than a month.The third-seeded Wawrinka ended a three-match losing streak with a 6-4, 7-6 (6) win over 37th-ranked Dominic Thiem — the youngest player in the top 50 — before Murray dispatched Frenchman Julien Benneteau 6-3, 6-4.Following consecutive losses in Tokyo, Shanghai and Basel, Wawrinka put on an erratic display but prevailed on the important points.Im trying to find my confidence, the Australian Open champion said. I know things can change quickly. I can lose first round, and I can also go very far in a tournament.Wawrinka closed out the match on his second attempt after the 21-year-old Thiem failed to convert a set point at 6-5 in the tiebreaker.Murray converted all three break points and lost only four points on his first serve to claim a 19th win since losing in the U.S. Open quarterfinals. He will need to beat Grigor Dimitrov in the next round to qualify for the season finale.Four berths are left in the race to London, with six players, including Raonic and Dimitrov, still in contention to join Djokovic, Federer, Wawrinka and Marin Cilic from Nov. 9-16 at the O2 Arena.After missing last years tournament following surgery on his back, Murray is pushing hard to qualify for the indoor event for the seventh straight year. Over the past five weeks, the Scot has won three titles and climbed to fifth in the ATP Race.If I get in to London I deserve to be there, because its your results across the whole year, Murray said. My results in most of tournaments this year, most of the big tournaments, have been good enough to be in the top eight.Next up for Raonic is 11th-seeded Roberto Bautista Agut, who defeated former semifinalist Richard Gasquet 6-4, 6-2.Although disappointed, Gasquet was relieved to be able to turn his attention to the Davis Cup final against the Swiss next month in Lille.I will now be 100 per cent focused on the Davis Cup, Gasquet said, and Im happy it will be played on clay.In mens doubles, seventh seeds Daniel Nestor of Toronto and new Indian partner Rohan Bopanna opened with a 6-4, 6-0 defeat of Spaniards Fernando Verdasco and David Marrero. They needed just 50 minutes to complete the victory to move into the quarter-finals.———With files from The Associated Press. Zapatillas Yeezy España . Three days after falling to Hamilton, Abbotsford scored three goals in 53 seconds en route to a convincing 5-1 win over the Bulldogs Saturday in American Hockey League play. Adidas Yeezy Baratas . -- Raiders wide receiver Jacoby Ford made it through a third straight practice without any setbacks and expects to play in Oaklands regular-season finale against San Diego. http://www.adidasyeezybaratas.es/ . "All he says is, its crazy," DeMar DeRozan told reporters following Torontos win over the Pistons Wednesday. The Raptors longest-serving members, Johnson and DeRozan have had two coaches and 56 different teammates in five seasons with the club, all without appearing in a single playoff game.San Diego, CA - The Los Angeles Dodgers continued to wheel and deal on Wednesday at Major League Baseballs Winter Meetings, as they made two more significant moves. First, Los Angeles shipped infielder Dee Gordon and veteran right-hander Dan Haren to the Miami Marlins for a four-player package that included prized pitching prospect Andrew Heaney. But Heaney was only a Dodger for hours before he was sent across town to the Angels in a straight swap for second baseman Howie Kendrick. This deal comes on the heels of the Dodgers reportedly picking up shortstop Jimmy Rollins from the Philadelphia Phillies. Gordon is coming off a solid season that saw him hit .289 over 148 games while leading the majors with 64 stolen bases and 12 triples. However, he posted a miserable 47/4 K/BB ratio with a .648 OPS during the second half. Thank you @Dodgers for the last 6 (years) of my life. You are an amazing organization with tremendous leadership. Youve stood by me in the bad times and made me a stronger man, Gordon said in a statement on his twitter account. Gordon stole six more bases than the entire Marlins team last season. Haren recently exercised a $10 million option for the upcoming season, but has also stated thatt if he was dealt anywhere other than to the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim that he would retire. Comprar Adidas Yeezy Baratas. He made 32 starts for the Dodgers last season and produced a 13-11 record with a 4.02 ERA. However, he was not used in the Dodgers National League Division Series loss to the St. Louis Cardinals. Heaney, meanwhile, was the ninth overall pick in 2012, but struggled in limited big league action last season, pitching to a 5.83 ERA in five starts in place of the injured Jose Fernandez. The 23-year-old left-hander bounced back in the minors and posted a 3.28 ERA with 143 strikeouts over 137 1/3 innings. Over 259 2/3 career minor league innings Heaney has compiled a 2.77 ERA, 1.14 WHIP, and 262/68 K/BB ratio. Kendrick has been one of the most consistent second basemen in baseball over the last couple of seasons. The nine-year vet has spent his entire career with the Angels, compiling a .292 batting average with 78 home runs and 501 RBI. Kendrick was an All-Star in 2011 and posted the best WAR of his career, 5.4, last season. The Marlins also sent righty Chris Hatcher, infielder Kike Hernandez and catcher Austin Barnes to the Dodgers. Shortstop Miguel Rojas went from the Dodgers to Miami. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor