comfort himself with the k

in Quasselecke 25.02.2019 04:13
von jinshuiqian0713 • 1.650 Beiträge

TORONTO -- R. Air Max 95 Cheap Sale .A. Dickeys knuckleball finally danced like it did last year when he was the best pitcher in the National League. Dickey baffled the New York Yankees for seven innings and Colby Rasmus and Rajai Davis homered as the Toronto Blue Jays won the opener of a three-game series 2-0 on Tuesday. "What you saw tonight is what I saw last year for 25 starts," said catcher Josh Thole who accompanied the Cy Young Award winner to Toronto in an off-season trade with the Mets. "It was consistently that every night." Dickey (13-12) struggled in the first two innings then faced the minimum number of batters for the next five innings. He struck out eight in holding the Yankees to four hits and two walks to win his fourth decision in a row. "It was probably the latest action Ive had on it here in particular," Dickey said. "So its nice to continue to grow. These are important games for me in particular. Were going to be competing next year so its important to get it right now." Rasmus hit his 21st homer of the season -- and third in three games since returning from the disabled list -- in the fourth inning against left-hander Andy Pettitte (10-10). Davis hit his sixth of the season against right-hander Shawn Kelley in the seventh. The Yankees (79-72), who entered Tuesday 2.5 games out of an American League wild-card spot, have lost four in a row. The Blue Jays (69-81) have won only twice in their first seven games of a nine-game home stand. Sergio Santos took over from Dickey in the eighth. Casey Janssen pitched the ninth for his 31st save of the season. Pettitte lost for the first time since Aug. 5 as he allowed six hits, two walks and one run while striking out five in 6 2/3 innings. He had three wins and four no decisions in his previous seven starts. "Its frustrating," Pettitte said. "Were playing terrible and its not good. Its a bad time to be doing that. If we pitch we got to score some runs. If we score some runs, weve got to pitch. It seems like we havent been doing a lot of mixing and matching together. Dickey pitched a good game. His knuckleball, he threw it well." Dickey left the bases loaded in the first when he struck out Mark Reynolds. He left two more runners stranded in the second, and struck out the side in the third before being helped by a fourth-inning double play. "I didnt get discouraged the first two innings," Dickey said. "I was throwing good knuckleballs. I thought I had a couple of pitches there 3-2 and ended up being balls but outside of that it was moving pretty drastically tonight. Even in the first two innings, I knew I had a pretty good one. I just needed to stay the course with it." The Blue Jays took a 1-0 lead with one out in the fourth when Rasmus homered to right on a 2-2 hanger. The centre-fielder came off the disabled list on Sept. 13 after not playing since Aug. 11 because of an oblique strain. "I made a terrible mistake to Rasmus and that was the ball game," Pettitte said. "He got me deep into an at-bat. I kept trying to bounce a cutter off the top of the plate see if I could try and get him to swing. Bad thought process." Kelley replaced Pettitte with two out in the seventh and Davis homered to left on a 1-0 pitch to extend the lead to 2-0. The way Dickeys knuckleball was working, that was all the Blue Jays needed. He even tried two sidearm pitches. "The knuckleball stayed hard for most of the night, it was moving all over the place," Thole said. "In the pen it was moving more than Ive seen since Ive been here. It was definitely a mental grind for seven innings tonight. "He got stronger as he went on I think. That was the difference. You could see it. His velocity kind of jumped up I think in the third inning, he was throwing the harder consistently and it was all over." Notes: Blue Jays 1B Edwin Encarnacion (left wrist) will undergo season-ending surgery to clean up the cartilage in his left wrist. ... LHP Brett Cecil (left elbow) has been put on the disabled list with discomfort in his elbow. The reliever first felt it late last month after pitching in Houston and it has flared up again. Cecil said indications are that it is a "nerve inflammation" and not serious. He will have an MRI. ...Yankees reliever LHP Boone Logan (elbow discomfort) who has not pitched since Sept. 6 will throw a bullpen session on Wednesday and could be ready to return on Friday. ...LHP J.A. Happ (4-6, 5.15 earned-run average) will start Wednesday against RHP Phil Hughes (4-14, 5.07 ERA). ... Attendance at Rogers Centre was 24,894. Air Max 95 China Wholesale . The team also announced Tuesday that the Braves will wear a commemorative patch on the right sleeve during the season. The patch, shaped like home plate, carries the number 715, Aarons autograph and a "40th Anniversary" banner. Discount Air Max 95 .That means, of course, that John Wall beat the Spurs for the first time ever — within weeks of his first wins in head-to-head games against nemeses Chris Paul and Derrick Rose. http://www.discountairmax95.com/ . HEROES P.K. Subban – Scored the overtime winner and assisted on Montreal’s earlier goal, both on the power play, in a 2-1 win over Nashville.He was in England’s World Cup squad in 2006 but 10 years on and supposed to be in his prime, Theo Walcott will not be going to Euro 2016. Time is running out for the Arsenal man to fulfil expectations but his career is a difficult one to assess, writes Adam Bate… Its a decade since Theo Walcott, Englands player-tourist, wandered through Baden-Baden armed with a video camera. Having not even played a game for Arsenal following his January move from Southampton, he was predictably given only a watching brief at the 2006 World Cup. But Sven-Goran Eriksson still departed with a promise. England squad named Marcus Rashford and Jack Wilshere are in Englands provisional 26-man squad for Euro 2016. Youll see that benefit in the next World Cup and then people will be sending me flowers, said Eriksson. Instead, Fabio Capello didnt even take Walcott to South Africa. Four years later, an anterior cruciate ligament injury made the choice for Roy Hodgson. Walcott wont be at Euro 2016 either and will be into his 30th year by the time of the next World Cup. Walcott poses with Arsene Wenger at his Arsenal unveiling in 2006 Where has the time gone? Walcotts career feels like its been on the cusp of reaching the summit of its potential for years now. And yet, could he instead find himself on the downslope without even realising it? At 27, its both a possibility and a shame. Because for all the criticism thats accumulated over the seasons, Walcotts talent is real.His Arsenal career began as a replacement for Freddie Ljungberg in the first ever Premier League game at the Emirates Stadium. Walcott even provided an assist for Gilberto Silvas equaliser that day. Its over nine years since he opened the scoring in the 2007 League Cup final but the wait for true acceptance with club or country continues. Hear why Roy Hodgson picked Andros Townsend instead of Theo Walcott for Englands provisional Euro 2016 squad Consider, for example, the fact that Walcott is already the longest-serving player on Arsenals payroll. He has spent more time at the club than either Ian Wright or Thierry Henry, but opinion is still divided. Walcott is a player who leaves fans wanting more, while still offering enough to leave them making the trek down the Holloway Road with hope.In some ways, the arc of his Arsenal career can be summed up by two derbies. The first came in February 2012. The Gunners were two goals down and Walcott was struggling more than most. Targeted by the home fans, he responded with a brace as Arsenal recovered to win 5-2. Even his first goal came after a poor touch, but it was a turning point of sorts. Walcott celebrating with Robin van Persie, Thierry Henry and Cesc Fabregas Walcott scored 21 goals in the subsequent season, finishing as Arsenals top scorer. It felt like the start of a journey to the top but it now looks like the peak. He began the next campaign well but a cruciate injury against Tottenham in January 2014 was a huge blow. Hed scored five in five going into the game. More than two years on, hes still recovering.It wasnt apparent when he smiled and gesticulated to the Spurs supporters as he made his way from the field on a stretcher that day, but Walcotts confidence suffered. Speaking in October 2015, Arsene Wenger felt it was still a factor in his performances. The only way to help him is to reassure, give confidence, he said. I believe hes still aware of his injury. Walcott scored in the 5-2 win over Leicester in September 2015 Wenger revealed that he had conversations with the England national team about whether Walcott should feature in a European qualifiier away to Lithuania because the game was being played on AstroTurf. Cheap Air Max 95 Wholesale. This was almost a year after hed returned to action let alone picked up the injury. It took him a while to come back, I must say, admitted Wenger.Walcott started two consecutive matches on only two occasions last season - but did manage to score in all four of those games, including the opener in Arsenals FA Cup final win over Aston Villa at Wembley. It shows why Walcott has been worth persisting with. He always offers hope - doing enough to earn a new deal instead of being allowed to walk away. Walcott has scored eight goals in 43 appearances for England As recently as October and the 3-0 home win over Manchester United, Sky Sports pundit Graeme Souness was moved to describe Walcotts performance as the best hed seen by him. But theres been little since, indicative of the sort of feast or famine that saw his only three England goals in his first 25 internationals come in one game against Croatia.Walcott did start nine games in a row either side of Christmas, but he has started only three of the last 20 games and two of them were against Hull in the FA Cup. At a time when Olivier Giroud was enduring a goal drought, its surely significant that Wenger still felt unable to entrust the role to Walcott. His managers frustration is clear. Theo Walcott reacts on social media to the news that hes not in Englands provisional squad for Euro 2016 Asked about how Walcott had progressed this term, Wenger said: Not as well as you could have expected. He had good periods in the season. I think recently he has gone through a much more difficult period. But he will come back. He works very hard. He puts in the effort in training.The problem with Theo is he wants to play on the right and through the middle. You have to fix yourself somewhere. Its true that I fixed him more through the middle, because of the quality of his runs and the intelligence of his runs. [But] when he does go through the middle he thinks maybe its better for me on the right. Walcott has not been trusted with too much game time in 2016 Its extraordinary that Wenger is still prevaricating over Walcotts best position at a time when hes already become eligible for a testimonial at the club. The comparison with Henrys transition from winger to forward is surely now moot - the Frenchman was a 21-year-old World Cup winner when he made the switch. Wengers words from earlier this year hint at the reality of the situation. The next four or five years will be absolutely decisive for him because that is when you make your career, he said. Thats when a good player becomes a great player, or just remains a good player. Its an indication that the time will soon pass for such discussions. The next four or five years will be absolutely decisive for him because that is when you make your career,. Thats when a good player becomes a great player, or just remains a good player. Arsene Wenger Walcott can comfort himself with the knowledge that Wright had yet to wear an Arsenal shirt at the same age and that Jamie Vardy hadnt played top-flight football of any kind. On the other hand, 27 was also the age at which Michael Owen scored his last England goal. Extreme pace and cruciate knee ligament injuries are a bad combination in the life of a footballer.Perhaps Walcotts footballing life has now taken another step towards its conclusion. The boy with the camcorder has become a man and weve barely noticed. While theres still time to leave a greater mark - to achieve all that once seemed possible - the fear is that a career defined by England squad selections might somehow be over before he knows it. Also See: England squad named for Euro 2016 Rooney wants midfield role ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor