SEATTLE (AP) — John Barr understood it was likely a foregone conclusion

in Quasselecke 20.02.2019 03:17
von douhua2233 • 67 Beiträge

SEATTLE (AP) — John Barr understood it was likely a foregone conclusion and yet as NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman spoke nearly 3 Jonathan Ericsson Jersey ,000 miles away, he found himself getting emotional watching the televisions in the packed bar.Barr was among fans watching Tuesday morning as Seattle was awarded an NHL expansion franchise following a unanimous vote by the Board of Governors in Sea Island, Georgia, ending a lengthy dance between the league and the city that will finally see professional hockey return to the city. Seattle was the first U.S. city to win the Stanley Cup back in 1917. More than 100 years later, they’ll have that chance again.“I was always optimistic but I didn’t think it was ever a guarantee. Might have got a little watery eyed there,” said Barr, who has headed up the NHLtoSeattle.com website and been a voice for hockey fans in Seattle. “It’s been a long haul and there’s been some ups and downs but I think the wait is worth it.”The Seattle ownership group organized the watch party as a central gathering spot to celebrate the announcement and hand out swag a short distance from the Seattle Center, where the yet-to-be named team will begin play in a reconstructed Seattle Center Arena in 2021.“Is there a better hockey morning than this morning in Seattle?” said Mayor Jenny Durkan Womens Justin Abdelkader Jersey , who took a little of the suspense out of Bettman’s announcement by revealing the outcome of the vote about 10 minutes early. “This is just a great thing for Seattle and I’m so honored to be part of it.”Dave Tippett, an adviser for the ownership group who had a front row seat for all the behind the scenes work that went into the pitch to the NHL, joined the fans in Seattle while his bosses were in Georgia.“It’s been coming a long time. The turning point for me, and this was before I was involved, was watching the season tickets go on sale and in 10 minutes sold 12,000 tickets,” Tippett said. “We knew there was an unbelievable following here so it’s been fun to get to know people here and get to experience some of the excitement of bringing a team here.”For now, the NHL will serve to satisfy Seattle’s winter sports itch that’s existed since the SuperSonics left for Oklahoma City in 2008. There’s also hope that the rebuilt arena and the foundation being laid by the NHL’s 32nd franchise will help bring the NBA back.If there was a tinge of disappointment Luke Glendening Jersey , it came with the decision that the team won’t start until the 2021-22 season.The initial was hope for a 2020 start, but arena renovations may not be done in time. As it stands, team President Tod Leiweke said the hope is the building will open in the first quarter of 2021. The first team to call the facility home will likely be the WNBA’s Seattle Storm, before the NHL team begins in the fall.“I’ve been at this eight years so it’s going to be another two years for 2020, another one for 2021, I can do it,” Barr said. “They have all the information. I think it’s the right call. We want to launch this right.” COLUMBUS, Ohio — The Columbus Blue Jackets and New Jersey Devils will get familiar with one another over the next four days.The Metropolitan Division opponents will play each other twice in a home-and-home starting Thursday night at Nationwide Arena. Columbus will then visit New Jersey on Sunday in the final game before the Christmas break.“We have some division games coming up Martin Frk Jersey , which I love,” Blue Jackets center Brandon Dubinsky said, according to the team’s website. “I’ve played a lot of games in my career against the guys coming up, and I’m excited about that.”Article continues below ...The vibe going into the first meeting is different on each side.The Blue Jackets (18-12-3) are feeling positive about the state of their game after a 1-0 victory over the Vegas Golden Knights on Monday night without leading scorer Artemi Panarin in the lineup because of a lower-body injury. With a win, the Blue Jackets would close out a season-long six-game homestand that started with two losses with a 3-2-1 record.Columbus has won two of its last three games and generally played well during the extended home stay, losing several close games that could have gone either way depending on a few bounces of the puck here and there.Panarin is expected to return for Thursday’s game and rejoin the top line with Cam Atkinson and Pierre-Luc Dubois.Blue Jackets coach John Tortorella didn’t disclose Wednesday which player would come out of the lineup for Panarin, but it will be a tough decision.“It’s not a challenge, it’s a good thing http://www.officialredwings.com/authentic-adidas-mike-green-jersey ,” Tortorella said.Anthony Duclair probably won’t be coming out. He was inserted into Panarin’s spot against Vegas and impressed Tortorella with his play after being a healthy scratch for two games.“I thought Duke, the speed that he can show, some of the things that he can do, I just hope he understands the other part of it because I’d love to keep him in the lineup,” Tortorella said. “But that’s gonna fall on him.”The talented but inconsistent 23-year-old Duclair hadn’t played much recently because Tortorella says he needs to be better away from the puck.“I just have to gain his trust as we go on here,” Duclair said, according to the team’s website. “I’m a competitor. I want to play every game. I don’t want to be sitting out.“When I’m in the lineup, I want to play as many minutes as possible and help the team in any way I can. I just wanted to do all of those things right and hopefully stay in the lineup.”Duclair could end up on the second line with team captain Nick Foligno and center Alexander Wennberg.The Blue Jackets will be facing a team that’s languishing. The Devils (11-14-7) have slid to the bottom of the Metropolitan Division standings after losing seven of eight games in December.New Jersey returns home Friday night to face the Ottawa Senators to close out a back to back before the Blue Jackets’ visit on Sunday.“The biggest thing is that we have to be a team that plays with attention to detail Nick Jensen Jersey ,” Devils coach John Hynes said. “We can’t have passengers. We had 20 passengers (Tuesday) night.”Hynes was referring to Tuesday’s 7-2 loss at home to the Toronto Maple Leafs on home ice.The Devils’ difficulties can be traced to stopping opponents. They’re giving up 3.63 goals per game. Goaltender Keith Kincaid, who’s now the No. 1 goalie with struggling Cory Schneider on injured reserve, has a 3.00 goals-against average and a .902 save percentage.“We’re a blue-collar team that has to work for everything we want to earn,” Hynes said. “You’re pushing and pushing and pushing.”

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor