When the Dallas Cowboys drafted Taco Charlton in the

in Quasselecke 20.02.2019 02:26
von panxing18 • 393 Beiträge

first round of the 2017 draft http://www.cowboyscheapauthenticstore.com/jeff-heath-jersey-cheap , they were hoping they were getting a difference-maker at defensive end. His combination of size and athleticism was an intriguing mix that the team obviously projected as skills that would work in the NFL. So far, that hasn’t happened. After a rookie season that was partly written off as a learning experience, there was hope Charlton would build on an uptick of production at the end of that year. That didn’t happen in 2018, and part of the issue was a shoulder injury that resulted in surgery today.The surgery is not expected to keep Charlton from any of the offseason activities.Charlton missed a few games this year with the shoulder problem and when he came back, he was inactive for a few games, That was reportedly due to an attitude problem. Defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli had this cryptic quote when asked about Charlton a week after that first healthy scratch:Between the shoulder injury, the lack of production and the reported “attitude” problem, 2018 was a poor year for Charlton. The Cowboys patience is likely wearing thin after spending a first-round pick on the defensive end. We obviously wish Charlton well after his surgery, having an operation like this reminds us of the toll the game takes on the player’s bodies and the sacrifices they make to play the game. As fans, we should never lose sight of that. Charlton’s third year is likely a crossroads year, there will be no more excuses about learning the game and the expectations of how a professional should act in preparation for games. Charlton will have to produce in 2019. Good luck. Already thin Youth Brett Maher Jesey , the Browns' group of wide receivers has gotten skeletal.Rookie Derrick Willies broke his collarbone in practice Friday and will miss Sunday's game against the Los Angeles Chargers and likely several more, further depleting a receiving unit lacking experienced playmakers.Willies came off the bench last week after Rashard Higgins injured his right knee and made the game's biggest play in an overtime win. But both he and Higgins will miss this week's game, and the Browns (2-2-1) will have to go further down their depth chart.Rookie Damion Ratley will likely be active and fill in for Willies as Cleveland's No. 3 receiver behind Jarvis Landry and rookie Antonio Callaway. Running back Duke Johnson, who led the team in receptions last season, can also line up wide or in the slot.A sixth-round pick from Texas A&M, Ratley is excited about the opportunity."I'm going to try to bring the best of my abilities in everything I can do, catching and running, doing everything I can to help the team where he was going to help the team," Ratley said. "Next man up, that's what it is."Ratley has been inactive for just two games and hasn't played the past two weeks. But seeing Willies make the most of his chance against the Ravens inspired him."I can't get mad because he was performing in places I wasn't performing," Ratley said. "It hurts Cheap Travis Frederick Jersey , not being active. It killed me, but I've got to do what I've got to do to help the team win. I've been ready to contribute whenever I was needed, whenever I was called on, that was my mentality. I just kept going and now it's my time, my opportunity to do what I need to do."Willies came through for the Browns last week after Higgins went down while making a block in the fourth quarter.An undrafted free agent from Texas Tech, Willies turned a short pass from quarterback Baker Mayfield into a 39-yard gain in overtime to help set up Cleveland's game-winning field goal with 2 seconds left.Willies finished with three catches for 61 yards.It's not known how long Higgins will be sidelined, and his status could force the Browns to sign another receiver. The Browns met with former Cowboys star and free agent Dez Bryant during the summer, but the sides couldn't reach agreement on a contract.Cleveland worked former Tennessee receiver Rishard Matthews earlier this week, but for now the team will push ahead with Landry and its rookies. Custom Minnesota Vikings Jerseys

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor