suffering a flexor strain in his elbow while w

in Events im JuZ Idstein 12.02.2019 03:21
von elaine95 • 481 Beiträge

MILWAUKEE (AP) — Build an early lead Bradley Zimmer Jersey , get five good innings out of the starter and bring in the bullpen.The Milwaukee Brewers used that formula to win 11 straight games going into the NL Championship Series against the Los Angeles Dodgers.Clayton Kershaw could be the ace that finally puts a stop to the streak.The three-time NL Cy Young Award winner will start for Los Angeles in Game 1 on Friday night at Miller Park.“We know we’re not going to get a ton of opportunities” against Kershaw and Dodgers starting pitching, outfielder Ryan Braun said. “So we’ve talked about the importance of cashing in on the opportunities we do get.”Once the Brewers take a lead, they’re hard to beat. Good luck getting to their lights-out bullpen.Milwaukee’s 3.47 ERA in relief was second in the NL only to the Chicago Cubs. The bullpen went 2-0 with a save and a 1.17 ERA in the three-game Division Series sweep Colorado.Corey Knebel can come in as soon as the fifth, usually lights-out left-hander Josh Hader in just about situation and Jeremy Jeffress in the late innings. All three relievers are capable of closing.Knebel and Hader are making their postseason debuts, while Jeffress’ playoff experience before this year was limited to just one inning in 2016 with Texas.“I thought it was going to be a lot different,” Knebel said Thursday of the playoffs. “The first time I came in, I felt the same surprisingly. … Hey’s it’s just another game. That’s all it is. You just want to keep playing ball.”The spotlight probably won’t faze the Dodgers, who are in a third straight NLCS for the first time in franchise history. The strategy at the plate doesn’t change, either, just because Milwaukee’s relievers are so good.Knebel, Hader and Jeffress, along with righty Joakim Soria, appeared in all three games against Colorado spread out over four days.The NLCS is best-of-seven http://www.indiansfanproshop.com/authentic-brandon-guyer-jersey , with the first four games over five days, so bullpen usage could differ.“When you’re talking about a seven-game series,” Dodgers manager Dave Roberts said, “having those guys go to their ‘pen and taxing them and beating the starter, there’s still a lot of value in that.”Chasing the starter will require building an early lead that might require the Brewers to dip into his bullpen earlier or more often than planned.“If they go bullpen game, like they did against the Rockies, it’s a seven-game set,” Dodgers infielder Max Muncy said. “It’s more games you’re putting stress on the bullpen.”Other notes and things to watch:UNFINISHED BUSINESSPressure in the NLCS? Maybe not for the Dodgers, who lost Game 7 of the World Series to the Houston Astros a year ago. Now that’s pressure.“We want to finish off what we didn’t finish off last year. That’s been their focus since after that Game 7,” Roberts said. “We’re in a position right now where we can give ourselves an opportunity to get back there.”MVP WATCHOutfielder Christian Yelich, making his postseason debut, hit .250 with a homer and two RBIs with two steals in the NLDS. The smooth-hitting left-hander went on a tear in the second half, hitting .367 after the All-Star break with 25 homers to help lift the Brewers to the NL Central crown.When the series shifts to Dodger Stadium next week Erik Gonzalez Jersey , the southern California native will be playing in a park where he used to watch games as a child .START IT UPNo bullpen day to open up the series for the Brewers. Milwaukee is going with left-hander Gio Gonzalez to oppose Kershaw in Game 1 on Friday night. For Gonzalez, it has been quite a rebound since being acquired in a deal with the Washington Nationals, going 3-0 with a 2.13 ERA in five starts with Milwaukee.“So to sit here, and I’m pitching Game 1 of the second round, I think it’s remarkable, pretty incredible,” Gonzalez said, “and hopefully I get to tell my kids about this one day.”An 11-year veteran, Gonzalez is 4-1 with a 1.89 ERA in six career starts against the Dodgers.CY KERSHAWOne of the toughest left-handers in baseball, Kershaw (9-5, 2.73) hasn’t been quite as good in his career in the NLCS. He is 2-4 with a 4.65 ERA in five career starts in this round.BACK WHERE IT STARTEDThe NLCS will begin in the park where All-Star Manny Machado made his Dodgers’ debut. After Machado was acquired at the All-Star break from the Orioles, the Dodgers opened up the second half of the season at Miller Park.Machado has hit .273 with 13 homers and 42 RBIs in 66 games with the Dodgers.“It made it a lot easier knowing I was just another piece to this ballclub,” Machado said. “This ballclub could have made it just as easily without me.” HOUSTON — The trade deadline additions of right-handers Ryan Pressly and Roberto Osuna http://www.indiansfanproshop.com/authentic-josh-tomlin-jersey , coupled with the sudden emergence of rookie right-hander Josh James, have provided Astros manager A.J. Hinch with options regarding how he wants to structure his bullpen for the stretch run.With Pressly emerging as a valuable setup option for Osuna, bullpen roles have changed for the Astros (92-55). Veteran right-handers Collin McHugh and Hector Rondon, saddled with the decision in a 4-2 loss to the Arizona Diamondbacks on Friday, continue to work high-leverage innings, and James was thrown into the mix during the Astros’ recently-completed road trip.The Astros are bloated with solid right-handed relievers, meaning the final two weeks of the season might serve as an audition for veterans aiming to secure a spot on the postseason roster, should the Astros make the playoffs.Article continues below ...“What Pressly has done, he’s pushing everybody around,” Hinch said. “What Osuna has done, he made his mark as the closer. Josh James now factors in. You stay true to your guys as much as you can, but yet I owe it to the entire team, an entire organization Carlos Carrasco Jersey , to adapt and adjust.”Astros right-hander Charlie Morton (14-3, 3.15 ERA) will start on Saturday against Arizona. In his first start off the 10-day disabled list, Morton limited Boston to two runs on seven hits and two walks with three strikeouts over five innings in a 5-3 win on Sept. 8. He allowed three runs on three hits and four walks with three strikeouts over five innings in a 4-3 loss at Arizona on May 5 and is 4-1 with a 3.77 ERA over eight starts against the Diamondbacks (78-70).Right-hander Zack Godley (14-9, 4.67 ERA) will make his first career appearance against the Astros on Saturday. He has allowed two or fewer earned runs in six of his last nine road starts since June 10, going 6-1 with a 4.18 ERA while surrendering 24 earned runs over 51 2/3 innings.Arizona right-hander Clay Buchholz will be shut down for the remainder of the season after suffering a flexor strain in his elbow while warming up on Thursday in Colorado. Buchholz, limited to two starts last season with Philadelphia after dealing with the same injury, was scratched against the Rockies. A decision on a course of treatment for the injury is pending.Buchholz (7-2, 2.01 ERA over 16 starts) had pitched exceptionally well after signing with the Diamondbacks as a free agent on May 5. Right-hander Matt Koch (5-5, 4.48 ERA) filled in for Buchholz against the Rockies and is the most likely candidate to fill the void in the rotation.“We’ve got to sit down and talk about that,” Diamondbacks manager Torey Lovullo said. “I know Matt Koch actually threw the ball pretty good (Thursday). Got banged up on a couple mistakes for some home runs but he did exactly what we wanted him to: get through the lineup twice. So, I think that’s the obvious choice if and when we need that spot. We’re creatively trying to work through that right now and figure out what our best options are.”

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor