who signed a four-year contract extension worth $19.5 million per season,

in Quasselecke 12.02.2019 03:05
von panxing18 • 393 Beiträge

Through six games http://www.authenticsgreenbaypackers.com/cheap-davante-adams-jersey , Davante Adams’ receiving numbers are backing up the big contract that the team gave him last December. Adams, became the ninth-highest-paid wide receiver in the NFL based on per-year average.But for now, the Packers’ unquestioned top receiver is playing like a top-five wideout in the NFL, and he’s threatening to not just break, but shatter a team record set 25 years ago.In Monday’s thrilling 33-30 victory over the San Francisco 49ers, Adams was targeted 16 times and caught ten balls for 132 yards and a pair of touchdowns. That takes Adams’ totals up to 47 receptions, 557 yards, and six scores on the season.Projecting these numbers out to a full 16-game season would not just get Adams his first 1,000-yard year, but would put him close to 1,500 yards — 1,485 to be exact. That yardage total would put Adams in third place all-time in Packers history, trailing only Jordy Nelson’s stellar 2014 season (1,519 yards, coincidentally coming in Adams’ rookie year) and Robert Brooks’ 1995 season (1,497 yards).But those reception totals? That’s a pace we haven’t seen in from a Packers receiver ever. 47 catches through six games projects out to 125 catches over an entire season, which would shatter Sterling Sharpe’s team record of 112, set in 1993. Also impressive is the fact that Adams is catching just shy of 2鈦? of his targets, with a catch rate of 66.2%. Among the team’s top ten reception seasons (since targets were first tallied), only Sharpe’s 1992 and Randall Cobb’s 2014 feature higher catch rates.As for Adams’ ability to stack up across the league? He currently sits third in receptions behind Minnesota’s Adam Thielen (58) and Philadelphia’s Zach Ertz (48), and ranks sixth in receiving yardage. His two scores pulled him into a five-way tie for receiving touchdowns, however.To make a long story short, Adams is threatening to do something that no Packer has ever done before, and he’s putting up his best numbers while his veteran counterparts Color Rush Jamaal Williams Jersey , Geronimo Allison and Randall Cobb, are out of the lineup. It’s been a heck of a start for #17, and there are no signs of him slowing down.Packers’ Clay Matthews & Mike McCarthy react to roughing penalty with anger, confusion For the third time in three games, Green Bay Packers linebacker Clay Matthews was penalized for roughing the passer. For the second week in a row, the play drawing the flag has become a flashpoint for NFL players, coaches, fans, and referees regarding the league’s rules around protecting quarterbacks.In week two’s game against the Minnesota Vikings, Matthews was called for roughing the passer when he hit quarterback Kirk Cousins. Referee Tony Corrente said that he threw a flag for an illegal “scoop-and-pull” technique, for which he also penalized Vikings linebacker Eric Kendricks earlier in that game. This week, Matthews sacked Alex Smith, bursting off a block and hitting Smith in the shoulder. Matthews’ momentum carried his body weight onto Smith, which was apparently the action worthy of penalty.This is a new rule in the NFL, despite referee Craig Wrolstad’s comments to the contrary to media after the game. Complicating matters, Wrolstad did not flag a far more egregious hit on the previous series, when Da’Ron Payne picked up Aaron Rodgers and body-slammed him to the turf. Wrolstad apparently was picked up on his microphone saying that he “couldn’t see through 14 guys.”Regardless of the inconsistent application of roughing the passer rules, players and coaches are upset about what is being considered a penalty in the first place. Packers head coach Mike McCarthy was livid on the sideline after the flag was thrown, and was spotted screaming at the official nearest him. After the game, McCarthy stood by his initial feelings, saying “I thought Clay did exactly what he’s supposed to do there.”McCarthy continued on to elaborate why he felt that Matthews’ hit was within the rules: “He hit him with his shoulder, he’s coming full speed off of a block, he braced himself. I was fine with what Clay did there.” However, that was the extent of McCarthy’s comments on the matter, saying that questions about the intent of the rule should be asked of “other people Youth Josh Jackson Jersey ,” presumably in the NFL officiating department.Matthews himself, however, was much more willing to address the rule itself after the game.He spoke at length with reporters, clearly upset about yet another flag that he seemed entirely incapable of avoiding. “Obviously I don’t agree with it again,” Matthews said. “(Like) last week, I thought I hit the quarterback correctly. (My) head was to the side again, (I) wrapped him up. You see as soon as I hit the ground I try to put my hands up. Obviously when you’re tackling a guy from the front, you’re gonna land on him. “I understand the spirit of the rule, I said that weeks prior. But when you have a hit like that, that’s a football play.”Matthews even went on to say that he talked to Alex Smith after the game, asking him what he could have done differently on that hit. Predictably, Matthews said that Smith told him there was nothing he could have done, and simply “That’s a football play.” That response echoes Aaron Rodgers’ comments from after the Vikings game, when the Packers quarterback said that he “couldn’t believe there was a penalty” on the Kendricks or Matthews hits.Ultimately, Matthews went a step farther on Sunday, however, calling out the NFL entirely. “Unfortunately this league’s going in a direction I think a lot of people don’t like,” he said. “I think they’re getting soft. The only thing hard about this league is the fines that they levy down on guys like me that play the game hard.” He added that as a pass-rusher, he feels that the only option now is to not bother hitting the quarterback at all, saying “you just have to attack the ball.”Ultimately, the officials aren’t giving Matthews, or other pass-rushers, much leeway here to make those “football plays” that players — including quarterbacks — feel are a normal part of the game. It’s lessening the enjoyment of the game for those playing it, as well as for those watching it when plays that do not appear to be unnecessary injury risks are being legislated out of the sport.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor