three-time New York Giants Pro Bowl wide receiver Odell B

in Quasselecke 29.01.2019 07:03
von panxing18 • 393 Beiträge

With the rehab behind him and the pain gone Mark Ingram Jersey , eckham Jr. is returning to the NFL with an even bigger target on his back, and an outspoken Jacksonville Jaguars cornerback ready to take a shot at him.Beckham doesn't mind. The NFL's highest paid receiver can't wait to play in a game for the first time since breaking his left ankle against the Chargers on Oct. 8.Facing Jaguars All-Pro cornerback Jalen Ramsey is a plus. And Beckham insists there isn't going to be a repeat of his Josh Norman debacle in 2016. The 25-year-old isn't taking the bait this time.When Beckham gets on the field on Sunday, it will all be about playing the game he loves again."I can't stop thinking about it," Beckham said Wednesday. "I'm at home, I'll be in the middle of conversation, my mind doesn't get off this game. It's been a long time. There was a lot of hard work and preparation just to be able to get back to running and playing again. So, I'm excited. I'm real excited about this team and the opportunity we have in front of us."Beckham has come a long way since the injury, one that put his career in jeopardy more than most people know. It took him months to be able to run, and to watch the videotape of his injury in its entirety. He would watch and turn it off before the hit."I didn't want to see it," Beckham said. "It reminded me of Joe Prothro at Alabama, that gruesome (leg) injury (2010) that you just don't want to see again. When it's you, it's even harder to watch, because you can feel the pain receptors hit your brain and you can feel it all over again. Just being able to watch that video comfortably and just see."I can watch it now any time."During training camp, Beckham convinced the Giants he had returned to 100 percent and he was rewarded with a $95 million contract extension that makes him the highest-paid player at his position."I don't think that the contract can do anymore for that target on my back Authentic Max Unger Jersey ," Beckham said. "Inflicted by the world, inflicted by myself. That target has been on there since I came in, so I don't know if a contract is going to help. That target increases and decreases. Guys have always wanted to hit me and be able to talk about it. It's just the reality of where I'm at in life. It's just something I've had to deal with."Going against Ramsey will be a challenge but it probably won't be as personal as the one with Norman. The Redskins cornerback criticized Beckham before their 2016 game. Beckham drew three personal fouls in the contest and was suspended for a game.He admits he was suckered in by all the pre-game trash talk."Yeah, but you took the cheese," he said. "So, I can't be mad at anything that happened. I bit on it, so it's all good."Beckham actually developed a friendship working out with Ramsey in the offseason, and he says it is interesting they will be facing each other. Ramsey caused a stir during the summer by saying Beckham made the Giants go, not Eli Manning."He's got all the intangibles," Beckham said of Ramsey. "He's athletic and he's just good. Like I said, he's just one of the best in the league. He does it all."Beckham has the same ability on the other side of the ball. He has 313 catches for 4,424 yards and 38 touchdowns in 47 games. He is already tied for second among all-time Giants' receivers with three 1,000-yard seasons. His 38 touchdown catches are the second most since entering NFL in 2014.NOTES: LB Olivier Vernon didn't practice for the second straight day. Coach Pat Shurmur says the veteran is making great progress. ... Shurmur says all his running backs will get touches Sunday. ... The Giants signed LB Nate Stupar and waived free agent Rutgers RB Robert Martin. Rich Eisen was interviewing Jay Glazer on his show about the Saints interest in Patrick Peterson. Glazer had confirmed the Saints’ interest and he said coach Sean Payton was actively looking for cornerback help. Seconds later Rich’s phone goes off and he turns to Glazer, asking him if he had heard that the Giants were trading Eli Apple to the Saints. Adam Schefter is my first source saying it is so. The former Ohio State 5 Star prospect was drafted 10th overall by the Giants in the 2016 NFL Draft. As of week 7 in 2018 Eli has one interception Sheldon Rankins Jersey Salute to Service , twenty pass defensed, two forced fumbles and three fumble recoveries, with 123 tackles. Of note is the fact that Apple was suspended by the Giants, for the 2017 finale for arguing with the coaches. Tensions were also high between Apple and his teammates. Teammate safety Landon Collins said Eli just needs to grow up. Hopefully he has.In 2018 Apple has started 5 games, defending 5 passes, had 20 tackle and 3 assist, with one forced fumble and no interceptions. The Saints have about 2 mil in cap space and Eli Apple’s cap hit for 2018 was $4,132,451. Of course some of that has already been paid through the first 7 games, but Mickey Loomis may have to massage some other contracts to make the necessary cap space.Cap info update. Apple cost the Saints $1074,990 this year and 2.51 mil next. Saints can also pick up his 5th year option in 2020. It is also reported that the Saints are giving their up their 4th round in 2019 and a 7th in 2020.How do you like dem (Eli) Apples Saints fans? Custom New York Giants Jerseys

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor