er Cam Ward allowed three goals and

in Quasselecke 27.01.2019 14:46
von riluowanying123 • 1.959 Beiträge

TORONTO -- Ducks coach Randy Carlyle wasnt exactly sentimental after winning his first game back in Toronto.Cam Fowler scored a power-play goal in the third period, lifting Anaheim over the Maple Leafs 3-2 on Monday night. Carlyle was at Air Canada Centre for the first time since he was dismissed as Leafs coach almost two years ago.I think a lot of people have made a bigger deal out of it (than I have), Carlyle said. From a personal standpoint, yeah its nice, but the bottom line is our hockey club needed the win more than I needed the win and thats really why were here.Carlyle coached almost 200 regular season games for Toronto, leading the club to its only playoff appearance since 2004. He was fired in January 2015 with the team sliding.After sitting out last season, Carlyle returned to coach the Ducks for a second time this past summer.Despite his assertions otherwise, players in the Ducks dressing room believed the win had extra meaning for him.Were all a family in here so we know what it means to him, captain Ryan Getzlaf said. Theres always a little bit of an edge that you want to win that game.Anaheim had a pair of power-play goals, including Fowlers go-ahead score. Ryan Getzlaf had the other man-up tally, and Nick Ritchie also scored for the Ducks. John Gibson made 33 saves.Former Ducks goaltender Frederik Andersen made 25 stops for the Leafs. Auston Matthews got his ninth goal in 12 games, and Nazem Kadri scored his 11th of the season.Toronto went ahead in the first period when Zach Hyman helped free the puck loose from Getzlaf along the wall. Nikita Zaitsevs point shot was then redirected by Matthews with one hand on his stick.It was Matthewss team-leading 15th goal of the year. He sits second among NHL rookies in goals (15) and points (24), trailing only Winnipegs Patrik Laine.I thought he was our best player, Leafs coach Mike Babcock said. I thought he was really good.Andersen was sharp facing his former team for the first time since a summer trade from Anaheim. He made a right pad stop on Rickard Rakells redirection in the opening moments of the second, then came up with two stops on a Ducks rush later in the period. He later shut down a break for Getzlaf and Corey Perry, setting himself square to Perrys chance from in tight.Getzlaf tied it at 1 with less than two minutes to go in the middle frame. It was an awkward power-play goal, his shot caroming off the legs of Leafs defenders Morgan Rielly and Roman Polak in front before beating Andersen.The Ducks went ahead after barely one minute had gone by in the third. The play started when William Nylander turned the puck over trying to make a move around an Anaheim player at his own blue-line. Ondrej Case eventually set up Ritchie in front for his eighth goal of the year.Toronto had an opportunity to tie it on a power play shortly after, but Gibson came up big when required. He made an emphatic glove stop of Kadri and then got in front of Matthewss one-time attempt in the slot.It was a strange shot that ultimately beat Gibson and evened the score at two, with Kadri whipping a shot from the point that banged off the leg of former Leaf Korbinian Holzer in front.Fowler put the Ducks back in front with less than seven minutes left in the third. Ryan Kesler won the faceoff, setting up Fowler for the one-time shot.Game notes Toronto went 0 for 3 with the power play. ... Toronto pulled Andersen with just under three minutes left in regulation, but could not tie the game.UP NEXTDucks: Play at Montreal on Tuesday night.Maple Leafs: Play at Colorado on Thursday night. http://www.officiallionsgear.com/Lions-Miles-Killebrew-Draft-Jersey/ . Having already announced that the race will start May 9 with three stages in Northern Ireland and Ireland and finish in Trieste on June 1, the rest of the route was unveiled Monday. http://www.officiallionsgear.com/Lions-Marvin-Jones-Jr-Draft-Jersey/ .com) - The Chicago Blackhawks aim for their third three-game winning streak of the season when they host the struggling Edmonton Oilers in Sundays battle at the United Center. http://www.officiallionsgear.com/Lions-Anthony-Zettel-Draft-Jersey/ .In my heart and mind Im competing for India, luge competitor Shiva Keshavan told The Associated Press in an email interview. Every day Im flooded with messages from Indians all over the world telling me they are supporting me. Detroit Lions Jerseys . LOUIS -- St. http://www.officiallionsgear.com/Lions-Luke-Willson-Draft-Jersey/ . -- Five former Kansas City Chiefs players who were on the team between 1987 and 1993 filed a lawsuit Tuesday claiming the team hid and even lied about the risks of head injuries during that time period when there was no collective bargaining agreement in place in the NFL. Because of an odd scheduling quirk, the New York Rangers and Carolina Hurricanes on Saturday afternoon will meet at Madison Square Garden for the second time in five days.The Rangers rallied from a 2-0 deficit to beat the Hurricanes 3-2 on Tuesday behind a goal and an assist from left winger Rick Nash. There was no momentum carried into New Yorks next game in Buffalo, as the Sabres won 4-3 to prevent the Rangers from winning consecutive games for the first time in more than two weeks.What has been the biggest problem for the Rangers over the first two months? Oddly, it hasnt been offense, as the team is averaging a league-best 3.64 goals-per game. Instead, its been goaltender Henrik Lundqvist, whose .914 save percentage would be his lowest since 2007-08.Lundqvist ranks 17th in save percentage, which is well below the standard he has set throughout his career. He lamented allowing a long goal to Buffalos Jack Eichel that led to the Rangers fifth loss in eight games.It just froze me, Lundqvist said to the New York Daily News. It looked like he was gonna pass it. Its a hard shot but you need to stop it. I need to challenge that more. I was expecting a pass. I was already thinking about what was gonna happen next and instead he goes for the shot, and thats what good players do.The Rangers havent done much to help their goaltenders over the past five games. Theyve been outshot in four of those games and by an overall margin of 162-119. Thats stark change from a team that had been dominating opponents to start the season, but center Derek Stepan says teams have adjusted to the New Yorks speed.I do know that wwe built an identity for ourselves and teams understand that they cant afford turnovers against us, so theyre getting it in and forcing us to come the full length, Stepan said to the New York Post.dddddddddddd. Theyre making us do what we want to force teams to do, which is defend. Teams are ready for us. Theyve adjusted. Now we have to.The Hurricanes were one of those teams that stifled the Rangers, holding them to 21 shots Tuesday. Goaltender Cam Ward allowed three goals and wasnt at his best, although he bounced back in Carolinas 2-1 shootout loss to the Bruins in Boston on Thursday. He stopped 34 of 35 shots and will likely get a chance to redeem himself against the Rangers.Cam continues to play great, making all the saves that he can see, Hurricanes defenseman Ron Hainsey said.A problem for the Hurricanes for most of this season has been finding the extra point in overtimes and shootouts. They have played six games that have gone beyond regulation and have won just once. Those five points theyve left on the table are the difference between their current 14th-place spot in the Eastern Conference and a wild-card spot.Theres no frustration. Youve got to find a way to get the next one, right? Hurricanes coach Bill Peters said of the Boston loss to the News & Observer. Youve got to get to three (goals). Threes a real good number. We got one on the power play and theirs wasnt an even-strength goal in the game.We had some even-strength chances. Weve got to find a way to score. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Baseball Jerseys Free Shipping Cheapest College Jerseys Sale Cheap Football Jerseys China Nike NFL Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys From China MLB Jerseys Outlet Canada Wholesale NBA Jerseys Canada Store Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Canada ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor