e knew we were bringing in an internation

in Quasselecke 25.01.2019 14:48
von riluowanying123 • 1.959 Beiträge

Mark Wood is not a Geordie sure of his place in the England fast-bowling pecking order - but he is glad to be back. Figures of 1 for 57 on his first ODI appearance in almost a year were not as arresting as the fact that his fastest delivery was clocked at 92.7mph, during a hostile opening spell in which he helped put Pakistan on the back foot in the first match of the series in Southampton.Following two operations on his left ankle, and ten months out of the England side, Wood has hurtled back into contention following a series of vibrant displays. A couple of his one-day squad-mates can attest to that, after a searing contribution to Durhams NatWest Blast semi-final win over Yorkshire on Saturday, in which he gave Joe Root a torrid working-over - five balls, several hurried prods, one run - and yorked Jonny Bairstow on the way to career-best T20 figures of 4 for 25.Root, whose 61 helped England to a comfortable DLS victory on Wednesday, could barely lay a bat on Wood in their Finals Day encounter - a problem he has solved by giving it away to his tormentor. For Wood, it has been an immensely satisfying comeback after missing most of the winter and half of the English season recovering from his injured ankle.I had more than a little bit of frustration over the last few months, Wood said. To come back with Durham so strongly is amazing. The coach there, Jon Lewis, and the way that the whole England medical team have looked after me, they deserve huge credit. Jon Lewis basically said to not worry about going for runs and to concentrate on taking wickets and that confidence and getting a few wickets and playing the role that I did at Durham gave me the confidence to come back to the England set-up fresh.That was my best Twenty20 bowling performance for sure. I havent seen the paces but a couple of the Yorkshire lads said I bowled well and getting that recognition from international players is always nice. One of them in particular is a pretty good batsman so I was very happy that he was saying it was tough and I even just swapped a bat with him now so that must be some sort of recognition. I think its because I bowled so well at him, Joe obviously wasnt so fond of that one so hes given it to me.The surgery has allowed Wood to play without discomfort in his ankle when bowling and he believes that will enable him to maintain his pace from spell to spell, in particular over back-to-back matches, an area where there were previously concerns about his durability.I would say Im consistently quicker, he said. I wouldnt say quicker at my top speed, but I have not got the pain in the back of my ankle, which was causing me huge problems. People were saying I could not play back-to-back games, but it wasnt that I couldnt play back-to-back, [it was that] I couldnt bowl at 90mph every day and Im a totally different bowler bowling 90mph to when I am bowling 80mph. I need that pace and with no pain in the back of my ankle, I find that a lot easier on my body and that allows me to do that. Consistently it is a lot better for me.While Wood at top speed ranks among the quickest bowlers currently playing the game, he is less concerned than some about raw pace - the analyst gets quite worked up when I come in and he says youre bowling at 92 - and recognises he is more likely to be judged for England on wickets and economy. As Woods first over, in which Sharjeel Khan picked up two boundaries, demonstrated, extra velocity can sometimes cut both ways. I think the third ball, off Sharjeels bat, went about 98mph, so he was winning that one. Not that Wood will be looking to dial it down in pursuit of something more metronomically reliable. Having returned midway through the season, he has dived headlong into competitive action and believes he could still bowl quicker yet.I reckon I could, yeah. When you get that rhythm and match fitness back, he said. Ive been rushed back through to get some game-time having missed the first half of the summer, and Ive been desperate to play so Ive not really had that time where Ive been getting used to bowling and bowling again. Ive only played two Championship games, and in one of those I only bowled 14 overs. So if I get that match fitness back up, hopefully I can bowl even quicker.Wood formed part of a three-man pace attack at the Ageas Bowl, alongside Chris Woakes and Liam Plunkett. With David Willey hopeful of returning to action after the hand injury he sustained on Finals Day, Chris Jordan and Jake Ball also in the squad, Steven Finn recuperating from a hamstring tear and James Anderson and Stuart Broad filling out the options for the Test side, England look like having a considerable seam battery to call upon.For now, Wood is focused on proving himself worthy of a place - England have still to see the best of him in ODIs, with six wickets from eight appearances at an average of 66.83 - but there is another layer of uncertainty due to his contractual situation at Durham. Should his central contract not be renewed by the ECB, there are doubts about whether Durham could afford to retain him, but reigniting his international career remains the quickest (in every sense) route to a resolution.Its complicated off the field at Durham, everyone knows there are issues there, Wood said. My situation is to focus solely on getting back in the England team first. I love the north-east, Im a north-east lad.Am I confident of a central contract? I wouldnt say so, but I know that part of the reason that we give out central contracts is to look after fast bowlers and things like that. If I was to fall into that category that would be brilliant. Getting looked after by such a superb medical team that I talked about before, theyve been superb with us. Theyve looked after me tremendously well, to be honest.So I wouldnt say Im confident because Ive not played for England for a long time, and throughout this year I probably havent deserved to get another one, so well just have to wait and see. But in terms of Durham, Im focusing on England at the moment and Ill see what happens there come September. http://www.ravensrookiestore.com/Ravens-James-Hurst-Jersey/ . -- Teemu Selanne scored the first goal of his 22nd NHL season, and the Anaheim Ducks extended the best start in franchise history with their fifth straight victory, 3-2 over the Calgary Flames on Wednesday night. http://www.ravensrookiestore.com/Ravens-Justin-Tucker-Jersey/ . It was the kind of score that might make everyone else wonder which course he was playing. Except that Graeme McDowell saw the whole thing. Crouched behind the 10th green at Sheshan International, McDowell looked over at the powerful American and said, "Ive probably seen 18 of the best drives Ive seen all year in the last two days. http://www.ravensrookiestore.com/Hats/ . MLS Commissioner Don Garber and Miami-Dade County Mayor Carlos Gimenez also will attend the session, which was announced Monday. The league has discussed placing its next two expansion teams in Miami and Atlanta. http://www.ravensrookiestore.com/Ravens-Brent-Urban-Jersey/ . Jordan Lynch, the all-purpose Heisman Trophy finalist from Northern Illinois, failed to make it into that exclusive club. http://www.ravensrookiestore.com/Ravens-Patrick-Onwuasor-Jersey/ . - Oakland Raiders running back Rashad Jennings was speaking to a group of local high school students earlier this week when the conversation turned to the importance of being prepared when opportunities in life arise.Gloucester hooker Richard Hibbard has agreed a new contract to remain at Kingsholm. The 32-year-old hooker is in his third season with the Cherry and Whites after moving from Ospreys in the summer of 2014 and has made 56 appearances for the club in which he has scored three tries.Hibbard has also played 38 times for Wales and made three appearances for the British and Irish Lions during their 2013 tour to Australia. Gloucester director of rugby David Humphreys said: Richard is another key signing for us. We knew we were bringing in an international calibre hooker when he signed, and hes been a very big part of our forward effort ever since he arrived.He brings a wealth of experience and a winning attitude to the side as well as a massive physical presence. Were very pleased that hell be wearing Cherry and White going forward. Sky Sports Black Friday sale Upgrade to Sky Sports now and get 12 months half price! Hibbard said: Ive really enjoyed my time with Gloucester and, once the club approached me about extending my stay, it was an easy decision to make.dddddddddddd feel Ive improved my game since I arrived. The Aviva Premiership is a tough league, there are no easy games and I think thats actually benefitted me as a player. I love playing at Kingsholm, the club and the supporters have been terrific to me and Im really happy that Ill be staying and playing my part in what we hope will be a successful period in the clubs history.Upgrade to Sky Sports now and get 12 months half price. Hurry, offer ends December 4! Also See: Barnes talking points Team of the week Launchbury banned England U20s take to the road Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Baseball Jerseys Free Shipping Cheapest College Jerseys Sale Cheap Football Jerseys China Nike NFL Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys From China MLB Jerseys Outlet Canada Wholesale NBA Jerseys Canada Store Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Canada ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor