points in all three of their losses this season.

in Quasselecke 25.01.2019 14:23
von riluowanying123 • 1.959 Beiträge

England easily disposed of Sri Lanka in the first Investec Test of the summer, winning by an innings and 88 runs at Headingley. But who were the standout performers? We picked out a player of the day at the end of each of the three days of the Test, with man-of-the-match Jonny Bairstow and James Anderson - who took 10 wickets - understandably featuring, as well as a surprise Sri Lankan selection, Dasun Shanaka.Click on the video above to watch the trios top performances, with a rundown below of why they were selected. DAY ONE - Its easy to forget given the emphatic nature of Englands eventual win, that Sri Lanka reduced had the hosts struggling at 85-5 on the first day, Shanakas three wickets in the morning session on a dream Test debut playing a big part.DAY TWO - England recovered from those early struggles, thanks to an 86 from Alex Hales, but more importantly 140 from Bairstow. The Yorkshireman kicked on to a second Test hundred on the second day, helping England into a commanding position.DAY THREE - Jimmy had run Jonny close for the award on day two after his 5-16 helped dismiss Sri Lanka for 91. But Anderson followed it up as the visitors followed on, with 5-29 on day three to end with his third Test 10-wicket haul.Watch England take on Sri Lanka in the second Investec Test at Chester-le-Street from 10am on Friday, live on Sky Sports 2 HD. Also See: Jimmys Super Six England set for No 1 First Test report Sky Cricket podcast Cheap Air Max Plus Pink . Fred Couples, captain of the U.S. side, put it all into perspective. "We know whos in charge," he said. Cheap Air Max Plus Blue . Tracey comes to the Blue Bombers after spending over a decade with Queens University. Most recently he was the schools assistant football coach. http://www.cheapairmaxplusshoes.com/ . The recently retired Stern was elected Friday to the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame and will be enshrined with the class of 2014 on Aug. Nike Air Max Plus Buy Online . Scott Kazmir allowed four hits in seven shutout innings, Michael Brantley hit a two-run homer in a three-run first inning and the Indians maintained their hold on an AL wild-card spot with a 4-1 win over the Houston Astros on Saturday night. Cheap Air Max Plus Brown . The players spoke Jan. 13 during a Major League Baseball Players Association conference call after Rodriguez sued the union and Major League Baseball to overturn an arbitrators decision suspending him for the 2014 season and post-season. AUSTIN, Texas -- With reports swirling that Texas power brokers may be moving to oust him after this season, Longhorns coach Charlie Strong says hes heard the rumblings and is engaged -- as always -- with the principal boosters.I know the guys to keep in touch with, and I do, Strong told ESPN.com on Monday. Theyve been great and always want to know if theres anything they can do to help. Now, I dont go to dinner with those guys, so Im not going to be seen in public with them. Im not a member of their country club and I dont play golf, so I dont go play golf with them. But I pick up the phone and call them, keep in touch.Strong, in his third season at Texas, is 13-17 in his first 30 games. The Longhorns are 2-3 after their third straight loss Saturday, a 45-40 defeat to the rival Oklahoma Sooners.All the while, just down the road, Houstons Tom Herman is the name many are floating as a potential replacement for Strong.They want the same thing I do, to see this program continue to make strides, Strong said of the Texas boosters. We need to finish strong, where were on an upswing. We dont want to be going backward, and were not.Strong said he feels the fans frustrations, but he remains confident that hell return the program back to national relevance.I thought it would be faster. I thought I would turn it faster, and boom, then wed take off, Strong said. But what happened is once you get into it, you start realizing you dont have a quarterback, you dont have this, you dont have that. So it comes back to you have to go recruit.As badly as were getting beat up out there by some people, and despite some of the things that are being said, were still getting great players. We just have to learn to win some of these close games were losing and be more consistent. Its coming, and everybody in our locker room will tell you the same thing.ddddddddddddStrong said hes received nothing but support from his bosses at the university as well as those key power brokers. Both Texas president Greg Fenves and athletic director Mike Perrin came out in support of Strong last week.What I look at is that we have a team thats making strides and not going backward, Strong said. Now, we havent won like we want to, but I look at where were heading and know well get there because I believe in the kids so much that I know its going to happen.The Longhorns have fixed their offensive problems from the first two seasons and are averaging 41 points per game, but theyve also given up 45 or more points in all three of their losses this season. Strong took over the defensive playcalling duties last week against Oklahoma, but the Longhorns still gave up 675 yards and 45 points.The problem on defense is the deep ball, and we can get that fixed, Strong said. If we have to, we wont go with any more bump-and-runs, back our corners off and make people throw the ball in front of us. Right now, whats killing us are the chunk plays. Its killing us because teams arent driving the ball. Its a home run.Strong was asked Saturday after the Oklahoma loss if it was desperation time for the program. He told ESPN.com Monday the only way he would feel desperate is if the Longhorns lacked talent and werent recruiting well. He likened Texas situation now with where Butch Jones and the No. 9 Tennessee Volunteers were last season.Were in pretty much the same position -- hes a year ahead of me, Strong said. And look at where they are right now. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Baseball Jerseys Free Shipping Cheapest College Jerseys Sale Cheap Football Jerseys China Nike NFL Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys From China MLB Jerseys Outlet Canada Wholesale NBA Jerseys Canada Store Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Canada ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor