go by the Tar Heels left a bad taste in Davi

in Quasselecke 16.01.2019 15:42
von riluowanying123 • 1.959 Beiträge

Blake Fergusons resounding Four Nations tour has kept the door ajar on his chances of retaining his NSW State of Origin jumper next year, says Blues coach Laurie Daley.Four months after an error-riddled return to the Origin arena, Ferguson was awarded the Harry Sunderland medal as Australias best player in the Four Nations series.For Daley, it was the perfect response after a sub-par Origin series in 2016.The thing with Fergo, on that big stage, unfortunately hed made one error a game and all those errors in games one, two and three led to tries, Daley said.In that arena where tries are hard to come by, every mistake is scrutinised. Other than that, his overall game in Origin was very good. Unfortunately mistakes did lead to tries.Ferguson was brought back into the Origin cauldron this year despite a slow start to the 2016 season with his club side, Sydney Roosters, that included a one-game experiment at fullback.He was immediately switched to the flanks until after the Origin series, when club coach Trent Robinson again attempted to play the 26-year-old in the No.1 jumper.And it was there where Daley noticed a big jump in form over the back half of Fergusons campaign, resulting in a Kangaroos berth and an equal tournament-high four tries.He got better as the season went on and took a lot of confidence. Going away with the Australian side, he got player of the tour, so thats a fantastic achievement, Daley said.Youd think hed come back a better player for that and again look to cement his position in the NSW team, but you can never take anything for granted in this team.We had some really good performers this year but there are some guys who missed out that are knocking on the door in terms of those outside backs.It gives us great depth and great comfort to know weve got plenty of people challenging for positions. The exciting thing for me is the guys will have to go out there and play well if they want to be in that first game. Kids Adidas Outdoor Shoes . Ashley Youngs cross was inadvertently headed by Chester into his own net in the 66th minute, allowing United to claim a third straight league win. "We had to dig deep with our fighting spirit and weve done that," United striker Wayne Rooney said. Blue Adidas Outdoor Shoes . The judges scored it 48-47, 48-47, 49-46 for Jones (19-1). It was the champions closest call. Despite the loss, it was a remarkable show by the confident Swedish challenger, who had the best of the early rounds and then hung on in the fourth and fifth. http://www.cheapadidasoutdoorshoes.com/ . The Dutchmans tenure got off to a poor start when referee Guido Winkmann awarded a penalty within two minutes for Niklas Starks clumsy challenge on Alexandru Maxim. Red Adidas Outdoor Shoes . The Americans, skipped by John Shuster, seized the advantage in the eighth end by scoring five points for a 7-3 lead. The Czechs pulled two back in the ninth, but Shusters team of third Jeff Isaacson, second Jared Zezel and lead John Landsteiner ended with another point to secure the last Olympic berth on offer. Green Adidas Outdoor Shoes . Brad Jacobs and his Sault Ste. Marie, Ont., team took control of the game early. MIAMI -- Butch Davis kept the message simple when he met with his new FIU football team for the first time Tuesday.He rattled off a list of schools who arent in major conferences and still found a way to get into major bowls in recent years, the likes of Boise State and Northern Illinois and Central Florida and Houston.If they can get into Jan. 1 bowl games, why not us? Davis said. Why not us?And with that, Davis next rebuilding project began.Davis five-year contract -- one thats worth about $1 million annually -- was finalized Tuesday, his first day on the job as FIUs newest football coach. He hasnt seen the team play yet and is leaning against going to either of the Panthers final two games this season, choosing for now to spend the majority of his time getting a staff together and preparing to start culling South Floridas super-fertile recruiting ground once again.I love this opportunity, said Davis, who has been an ESPN analyst for the last three years and sought the Miami job -- his old job -- that went to Mark Richt last December. I am grateful to be here and to be the head football coach at FIU. And I look at this challenge as one that has no limits for the ceiling.Davis was introduced to the FIU community at the schools stadium, one that hasnt had much to cheer about in the last few years.This will be the fifth consecutive season that the Panthers miss a bowl game, and now Davis will be the one charged with making sure that streak doesnt last much longer.This is a day today thats a gamechanger, said Pete Garcia, FIUs executive director of sports and entertainment -- and someone who worked side-by-side with Davis at Miami and with the Cleveland Browns. Not just for FIU football, but for FIU athletics.Davis went 51-20 at Miami from 1995 to 2000, taking over a program decimated by sanctions and scholarshipp losses and turning it into one that would dominate its way to the 2001 national title.dddddddddddd Davis was with the Browns when that title was won, taking them to the playoffs in 2002 -- the last appearance in the postseason for that franchise.He coached North Carolina from 2007 through 2010, then got fired in 2011 as part of the fallout of an NCAA investigation. Davis was never implicated in that scandal.Getting let go by the Tar Heels left a bad taste in Davis mouth, though he said he had a bigger reason for wanting to resume his career on the sideline.The motivation to take this job had to do with kids, Davis said. I love kids. I love coaching. I love the competition. I love the recruiting aspect. I love being in the locker room and the weight room. ... Thats why you coach. If you dont coach for the kids, you shouldnt coach at all.Not long before Davis first FIU event, Richt said he wished the newest coach in town well. Miami and FIU are scheduled to resume their series in 2018 and 2019.I think Butch is a great coach, period, Richt said. I think hes a great person. I think it already is a home run for FIU. I know hes going to be excited about the challenge and the opportunity there. Well have to get ready when the time comes. I dont know him well, but Ive known him for a while, and I have a lot of respect for him as a coach and a person.FIU President Dr. Mark Rosenberg said he thinks Tuesdays move will be one that resonates at the school for a long time.Butch Davis has fire in the belly for excellence, Rosenberg said. He has fire in the belly for student-athletes. And he has fire in the belly for American college football.---More AP college football: www.collegefootball.ap.org China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor