while the American

in Events im JuZ Idstein 08.01.2019 02:41
von elaine95 • 481 Beiträge

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — The New York Mets are shutting down right-hander Zack Wheeler for the rest of the season as a precaution http://www.chicagocubsteamshop.com/authentic-ryne-sandberg-jersey , ending a career-best year in which he logged nearly 100 more innings than 2017.Manager Mickey Callaway said before Wednesday night’s game at Philadelphia that they’d be “probably taking the best care of him” by holding him out of his final two starts.“I feel like I had a good season,” Wheeler said. “I would have liked to have finished it out, but getting 100 more innings than last season without doing that much the past 2½ years, I think it makes sense to kind of shut it down and not really push it.”Wheeler missed two full seasons after undergoing Tommy John surgery in 2015. He returned last season and was 3-7 with a 5.21 ERA in 17 starts. After beginning this season in Triple-A following a difficult spring training, Wheeler was called up in April and went 12-7 with a 3.31 ERA in 29 starts while throwing 182 1/3 innings.“He always knew he could be this guy. But when you’re actually that guy it kind of opens your eyes to, OK, I’ve got this and I’m going to move forward with it,” Callaway said. “So hopefully this is a big stepping stone for him in his career.”The 28-year-old Wheeler was dominant after the All-Star break, going 9-1 with a 1.68 ERA and solidifying his hold as the No. 3 starter behind Jacob deGrom and Noah Syndergaard.Wheeler allowed four runs and three hits in seven innings while earning the win in his final start on Monday against the Phillies, the same night New York was eliminated from postseason contention.Wheeler said ending his season early was a collective decision made between he and his agent, Callaway and pitching coach Dave Eiland.“I feel good for the most part,” Wheeler said. “The body Billy Williams Jersey , after this long, was kind of wearing down a little bit. But if I really needed to like for a playoff push, I could go out there and finish it up. That’s not why I’m stopping. It’s just being smart.”Wheeler’s emergence has brought confidence that the Mets will have a solid rotation in 2019.“I think we all made strides,’ Wheeler said. “Jake’s going for the Cy Young. I had a good second half. Steve (Matz) is looking like a new and better pitcher and I’m happy to see that. Noah has been hurt for the most part this year, but he’s taken some great strides lately to get back to where he was. And (Jason Vargas) has turned his season around. So hopefully we can all stay on this path.”Callaway said Corey Oswalt will start in Wheeler’s place on Saturday at Washington. The 2018 Gold Glove winners were announced Sunday, handing out hardware to the best defensive players in baseball.MVP candidates Mookie Betts and Nolan Arenado highlighted the list of winners, which featured six first-time recipients.Although most winners were expected and well-deserved, there were a few surprises along the way, including a tie at first base between Anthony Rizzo and Freddie Freeman.Here is the full list of winners, courtesy of Rawlings Sports.National LeagueP: Zack Greinke, Arizona DiamondbacksC: Yadier Molina, St. Louis Cardinals1B: Freddie Freeman http://www.chicagocubsteamshop.com/authentic-jon-lester-jersey , Atlanta Braves/Anthony Rizzo, Chicago Cubs2B: DJ LeMahieu, Colorado Rockies3B: Nolan Arenado, Colorado RockiesSS: Nick Ahmed, Arizona DiamondbacksLF: Corey Dickerson, Pittsburgh PiratesCF: Ender Inciarte, Atlanta BravesRF: Nick Markakis, Atlanta Braves American LeagueP: Dallas Keuchel, Houston AstrosC: Salvador Perez, Kansas City Royals1B: Matt Olson, Oakland Athletics2B: Ian Kinsler, Boston Red Sox3B: Matt Chapman Fergie Jenkins Jersey , Oakland AthleticsSS: Andrelton Simmons, Los Angeles AngelsLF: Alex Gordon, Kansas City RoyalsCF: Jackie Bradley Jr., Boston Red SoxRF: Mookie Betts, Boston Red Sox It was clearly hard to separate finalists at several positions, but voters thought Rizzo and Freeman were too close to pick just one, as they earned the fourth tie in the history of the award, according to Mark Bowman of MLB.com.On the other hand, a few races were easier on voters, like Arenado as he made history:Tracy Ringolsby TracyRingolsbyCorrection: Arenado 6th consecutive GG 3B; has 1 month less than 6 years in bigs. Only players more GG at start of career: Ichiro Suzuki, of, 10; Johnny Bench http://www.chicagocubsteamshop.com/authentic-greg-maddux-jersey , c, 10; Tied for 4th in GG at 3B behind Brooks (16), Schmidt (10) amp;amp; Rolen (8). Buddy Bell, Eric Chavez amp;amp;Robin Ventura 6.Alex Gordon also won his sixth at left field, while Yadier Molina blew them all away with his ninth Gold Glove award.Brandon Crawford was looking for his fourth straight award, but Nick Ahmed unseated him.The World Series champions were obviously impressive at the plate this season, but defense was important as well, as evidenced by three Gold Glove awards, including two outfielders.In the infield, the Colorado Rockies had two in the National League, while the American League was dominated by the Oakland Athletics:Mark Simon MarkASimonSaysAthletics infield combined for 85 Defensive Runs Saved, most in MLBThey had 2 Gold Glove winners to set the toneMark Simon MarkASimonSaysMatt Chapman: 1st career Gold Glove AwardThanks PerezEd for the shout-out to Defensive Runs Saved Chapman had 29. No other 3B had more than 10!Chapmans 29 Runs Saved were most in MLB (by 8!)The A's had finalists at all four infield spots but will leave with only two trophies.Overall Carlos Zambrano Jersey , 12 out of 19 awards came from players on playoff teams, showing the value of good defense.Meanwhile, Jon Heyman of Fancred noted some quality players who didn't win Sunday:Jon Heyman JonHeymanMany great defenders are snubbed in gold glove awards: Jason heyward, Lorenzo Cain, kolten Wong and Brandon Crawford all snubbed in the nl aloneIn competitive fields at a lot of positions, someone has to be left out.The Gold Gloves were the first of the major awards handed out following the 2018 season, although fans will have to wait a couple of weeks for the biggest honors. The Cy Young Awards will be handed out on Nov. 14, with Most Valuable Players being named on Nov. 15.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor