while the wild cards must face each other

in Events im JuZ Idstein 03.01.2019 03:31
von elaine95 • 481 Beiträge

New York Yankees outfielder Aaron Judge will return to the lineup for Friday'sgame against the Toronto Blue Jaysafter missing almost two months with a wrist injury.Bryan Hoch of MLB.com reported Judge will not hit but is eligible to play the field and run the bases.Judge suffered a fractured wrist July 26. He was initially expected to miss only three weeks."I'm not frustrated with the pace [of the healing]. I'm frustrated with being out http://www.athleticsfanproshop.com/authentic-boog-powell-jersey ," Judge told reporters last month.Yankees general manager Brian Cashman acknowledged the initial timeline was too optimistic."I'm not a doctor. We provide everything from our medical staff and Dr. Chris Ahmad," Cashmantold reporters. "I think Chris is an exceptional doctor that has a great reputation, but at the same time you try to pinpoint with all eyes watching. You try to make evaluations and diagnoses and timelines 鈥?this is really the first one that I recall that's been off."I think we're lucky to have [Dr. Ahmad], but at the same time it's like anything else that plays out publicly for better or for worse at times.So this [recovery] has taken longer Pat Neshek Jersey , so Judge will take as long as is necessary. If it's not right, it's not going to right and you won't see him. But the anticipation is that we will see him."The Yankees lessened the burden on Judge when they acquired Andrew McCutchen via trade from the San Francisco Giants. McCutchen has hit .152/.383/.333 with two home runs and five runs batted in through 11 games with the Yankees."I'm not here to try to be selfish and feel like I deserve time to play or whatever that may be," McCutchen told reporters. "That's not me. I'm just trying to be a team player and help in any way I can."McCutchen will likely head to the bench with Judge back in the lineup. Judge hit .285/.398/.548 with 26 home runs and 61 runs batted in through his first 99 games of the season. His return will finally bring the Yankees to full health and give them perhaps the best lineup in baseball. The Los Angeles Dodgers can clinch the fifth and final playoff berth in the National League on Saturday with a victory over the San Francisco Giants or a loss by the St. Louis Cardinals against the Chicago Cubs.Although the NL postseason field is nearly set, the teams' respective seeding is still up in the air http://www.philliesfanproshop.com/authentic-lenny-dykstra-jersey , with races between the Cubs and Milwaukee Brewers in the NL Central as well as the Dodgers and Colorado Rockies in NL West separated by just a single game apiece with two days remaining.The NL East champion Atlanta Braves are also set to play October baseball, but they are fighting for home-field advantage in the Division Series.Here's how the standings look heading into Saturday's action:1. Cubs (94-66; NL Central leaders)2. Rockies (90-70; NL West leaders)3. Braves (90-70; NL East winners)4. Brewers (93-67; No. 1 wild card)5. Dodgers (89-71; No. 2 wild card)6. Cardinals (87-73; first team out)Dodgers third baseman Justin Turner said after Friday's win they don't want to rely on other teams' results to decide their playoff fate."We want to win our way into the postseason," Turner told reporters. "We don't want to rely on someone else losing to get us in. So鈥攁nother big one tomorrow."MLB's wild-card system makes these final few days crucial. The division winners advance directly to the NLDS, while the wild cards must face each other in a one-game elimination contest. So the Brewers could win 95 games and be ousted from championship contention because of one bad night.Along with the Dodgers vs. Giants and Cardinals vs. Cubs Rhys Hoskins Jersey , the other key series this weekend include the Rockies taking on the Washington Nationals, the Braves battling the Philadelphia Phillies and the Brewers hosting the Detroit Tigers.Here's a prediction for how the NL playoffs will set up following the conclusion of the regular season and any necessary tiebreaker games:1. Cubs2. Braves3. Dodgers4. Brewers5. RockiesThat would pit the Braves against the Dodgers in the NLDS, while the Cubs would own home-field advantage throughout the NL postseason and face the winner of the wild-card game between the Brewers and Rockies as they seek their second World Series title in the past three years.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor